Mint-Cookie Cake Recipe: A Gourmet Flavor For Any Occassion
If you are willing to branch out from the three basic “kid” flavor cakes and try something beyond vanilla, chocolate or yellow, I have the recipe for you! A great cake taste sensation is Mint Cookie. A gourmet cake flavor is easier than you think.
- 30 mint Oreos crushed
- 1 package plain white cake mix
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Cake baking instructions:
- Add package of cake mix, then wet ingredients mixing slightly as you add each one
- When all wet ingredients are added, blend well until there are no lumps
- Fold in crushed Oreos
- Bake at 350 degrees until toothpick comes out of center clean
- Bake, decorate, celebrate is an excellent cooking guide for pan conversions and cooking times
- Bake cake 2-3 days ahead of time, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then foil, and place in freezer; this will make the cake extra moist.
- Level, fill, and frost while frozen. Serve thawed.
No cake would be complete without a wonderful filling.
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup powder sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons real vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook milk and flour until thick in saucepan over medium heat
- Allow to cool completely then pass through a sieve to remove any possible lumps
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar for 4 minutes
- Add flour and milk mixture
- Beat 4 minutes
- Add vanilla and salt, and mix on high until light and fluffy
- If desired, tint green
- Fold in crushed mint Oreos
Use your favorite frosting recipe to frost cake; cream cheese icing not recommended.
Eat and enjoy!
More by this Author
Spice up your sex life. Learn how to put the spark back into the bedroom. Marriage does not have to be the end of sex.
Love the look of fondant but the taste of buttercream frosting? Find out how to make a smooth cake with a combination of the upside down method and the viva paper towel/wax paper method when frosting with buttercream...