Mocha Cupcake Recipe
This tasty treat is perfect for coffee lovers and cupcake lovers alike. Perfect for sweet treat breakfasts.
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising) sifted
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup fresh brewed expresso
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder (not instant coffee)
- Coffee flavored icing
- coffee beans for decoration
- Set oven to 325 F
- Whisk the flour and cocoa together in a bowl.
- With an electric mixer cream the butter in a bowl until smooth/light. Now beat in sugar and eggs until fluffy, then add vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Turn the electric mixer to low, adding the flour mixture to the butter mixture in 3 batches, adding the sour cream between the flour mixture. Beat only until just combined.
- Mix the brewed expresso with the powder, then add to batter, beating until smooth.
- Line two 12 cup muffin tin with liners. Divide the batter evenly between the paper liners, filling only 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 22 minutes.
- Decorate with icing and coffee beans.
Please feel free to...
- Ask a Question
- And Rate Up :)
No comments yet.