Moist Pumpkin Loaf
There's nothing like a slice of tasty pumpkin loaf. But it has to be a loaf that has enough spices to give it flavor and that has a nice even texture and not gaping holes, and that is moist and not crumbly. I was delighted when I tried this recipe because it met the mark on all three counts and i promptly added it to my collection of favorite recipes.
This recipe makes two good-sized loves, so you will have one to enjoy and one to tuck into the freezer if you want to save it for company.
If you follow the instructions in this article, you will never had to worry about dry loaves and your pumpkin bread will turn out near perfect.
Why not bake up these loaves, then when cool, cut some thick slices and enjoy with tea.
- 2-21/2 cups sugar, white
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups pumpkin, canned
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups flour, white
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Into a large bowl:
- Combine oil, sugar and eggs. Stir in pumpkin and mix ingredients.
- Stir into wet ingredients, the salt, spices, and leavening.
- Lastly, add the flour and walnuts and mix to combine.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans or three smaller loaf pans.
- Bake pumpkin loaves for 1/2 hour at 350 degrees. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and continue baking until centers are cooked. Check to make sure centers are cooked.
- Cool in pans before removing.
Double-pan to prevent over-browned loaf bottoms or place a cookie sheet on lower oven rack below pans.
Pumpkin Loaf Serving Suggestions
- These pumpkin loaves are tasty enough to be served plain but they can also be spread with butter
- Serve slices and serve with a bowl of vanilla ice cream.
- Butter icing or cream cheese icing go very well with the spicy flavor of these loaves.
Have You Tried Making Pumpkin Loaves?See results without voting
© 2009 Athlyn Green
More by this Author
Cherry shortbread cookies are a colorful treat to make for Christmas.
A recipe for a thicker cookie and it's easy to remember.
A delicious sweet topper for cakes, loaves, and donuts.