Moist Pumpkin Loaf
There's nothing like a slice of rich and moist pumpkin loaf. This recipe for pumpkin loaf makes two good-sized loves: one for eating and one for freezing! You never had to worry about dry loaves with this recipe. If you follow the instructions in this Hub, your pumpkin bread will turn out near perfect and this is one loaf that is so nice served with tea!
Pumpkin Loaf Recipe
- 2 1/2- 3 cups sugar (adjust sugar to preference)
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 3 eggs
Combine oil, sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and blend ingredients.
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
Stir into wet ingredients:
- Add 3 cups of flour and stir with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Add 1 cup chopped walnuts.
When you've mixed all the ingredients, next, grease and flour pans.
Place mixture into 2 large loaf pans or 3 smaller loaf pans.
Bake pumpkin loaves for 1/2 hour at 350 degrees. Reduce heat and continue baking until centers are cooked. Cool in pan before removing.
These pumpkin loaves have a nice even texture and lots of flavor. Pumpkin loaf is wonderfully moist and spicy.
Pumpkin Loaf Serving Suggestions
- Pumpkin loaves can be served plain or spread with soft butter
- Butter or cream cheese icing compliments the spicy flavor of pumpkin loaves
- Cut pumpkin loves into thick slices and serve with a bowl of vanilla ice cream. So very delicious!
Have You Tried Making Pumpkin Loaves?See results without voting
© 2009 Athlyn Green
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE8
From to hardtack to Crostoli, delicious biscuits come in a pleasing variety. A look at the different types of biscuits available.
A delicious sweet topper for cakes, loaves, and donuts.
If you've ever tried to add your blog to a blog directory, you've probably been asked to provide your blog's feed URL. Where the heck do you find it?