Mom's Fabulous Saltine Cracker Pie
My childhood favorite dessert
© May 2012
Mom loves to bake and try out new recipes. This is the one I always begged her to make. Try it and you will see why - It's so delicious!
Prep time looks long but it's not really - The majority of the time listed as prep time is actually refrigeration time that's recommended prior to serving.
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 crushed soda crackers, roll out between plastic wrap
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large package cream cheese
- 3/4 cup (skimpy) powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 oz. tub Cool Whip, (dairy recipe)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 can instant cherry pie filling
Crust and Filling
- Mix the first seven ingredients together for the crust. Press into a greased pie pan and bake in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- To make the filling, mix the cream cheese with powdered sugar. Whip the whipping cream, then add "or" use most of an 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip dairy recipe and vanilla. Add to cream cheese mixture. Pour filling over cooled crust. After putting the filling in the cooled crust, you can put one can of instant cherry pie filling on top and refrigerate, covered, 5 hours or longer.
More by this Author
Tall Bearded Iris Growers - Hobby Gardeners Guide. Learn how to plant and care for tall bearded irises. Includes tips on planting care and instruction, fertilizing and using mulch, weed and pest control and...
Many angels come and go in life. Whether sent by God in a moment of need to lend a helping hand, or those on a more permanent assignment who are beside us every day continually enriching our lives. Did you know you...
Learn how to make a variety of delicious banana split desserts, from the cool traditional kind, to a warmer more gooey treat. Includes lots of topping suggestions to create your own one of a kind banana ice cream...