Mouth Watering Chocolate Cake 1
Chocolate has always been like a taboo when it comes to health and diet. But recent researches are showing that chocolate is beneficial for our bodies and for heart health.
I am actually glad to know chocolate acts as an antioxidant that protect the body from aging caused by free radicals, which can cause damage that leads to heart disease.
Eating a small amount of chocolate can help our hearts and cardiovascular system in two ways: it lowers blood pressure and lowers cholesterol; more precisely "dark chocolate".
A more interesting fact about chocolate is that it gives you a feeling of pleasure by stimulating the endorphin production...hmmmm :)
It also acts as an anti-depressant; I like that.
And most of all, it is delicious.
So, speaking of chocolate there are two mouth watering chocolate cake recipes that I always make and I want to share with chocolate lovers. I'll post one of them in this Hub and the other one in (Mouthwatering Chocolate Cake 2) I promise that you and your family are going to love them.
I picked up these nice cooking books for you
Black Forest Cake
When I write down that this cake is moist and fluffy, I mean it. The maraschino cherries juice and the cake crumbs gives it an exceptionally rich and unique flavor.
It will melt in your mouth.You will be popular.
It's perfect for birthdays or any special event.
½ cup (115 g) of butter, softened
1+½ cup (285 g) of white sugar
1+¼ cup (250 g) of milk
2 cup (200 g) of all-purpose flour
1+½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
½ (56g) cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 jars (375 ml each) of maraschino cherries
2 envelopes (85 g) of dessert topping mix
1 cup (250 ml) cold milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Semi-sweet chocolate, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cover a 9 inch round cake pan with melted butter then sprinkle some flour on top and shake the pan so that the flour is spread evenly all around.
3. With an electric mixer, beat the softened butter with sugar for two minutes (until fluffy)
4. Add egg one at a time, mix well between each egg.
5. Add rest of ingredients: milk, sifted flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract and mix while adding at low speed.
6. Now mix at high speed for three minutes until the batter is well-blended.
7. Pour batter into the cake pan.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or if a wooden pick inserted in center should come out with just a few moist crumbs on it.
9. Leave cake to cool completely. Then with a long serrated knife cut the cake horizontally into 3 layers. The two bottom layers are equal, and the top layer is thinner.
1. Drain maraschino cherries and reserve juice.
2. Prepare dessert topping mix: in electric mixer blend in 1 cup milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla and two mix envelopes. Whip at high speed until light and fluffy. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Reserve 1 cup for decorating cake.
3. With a peeler shave Semi-sweet chocolate.
1. Tear with hands the thin cake layer into fine crumbs; set aside.
2. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Very gently perforate the layer with a fork. With a tablespoon pour some of the cherry juice onto the layer. Spread one fifth of the dessert topping mix on the layer, and strew half of the cherries on top.
3. Add the second cake layer. Again very gently perforate the layer with a fork. Pour cherry juice. Spread the rest of the dessert topping mix on top and sides of cake. Cover all cake.
4. Spoon reserved dessert mix into pastry bag fitted with star decorator tip. Pipe around top edges of cake/or in any way you like to decorate.
5. Strew rest of cherries onto top and/or sides of cake
6. Gently press thin cake layer crumbs on top and on sides of cake.
7. Sprinkle chocolate curls on top and/or sides of cake.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Helpful Health Links
- Welcome to Eat Smart! | Eat Smart!
Eat Smart! is an Award of Excellence program that recognizes top Ontario restaurants, schools, workplaces and recreation centres for providing healthier environments to their customers.
- Heart Chocolate, Treat Your Heart Smart.
Heart Chocolate with CM-X is the perfect choice for people with Type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and related cardiovascular conditions or anyone looking for a healthy snack with no added sugar.
More by this Author
This recipe is perfect if you are in a hurry, need dessert but do not want to spend a lot of time in kitchen, craving chocolate yet lazy, or whenever surprised with a last minute guests. It only takes 15 minutes to...
What would be more delicious and mouth watering than a chocolate cake? The answer would be a chocolate cake with crème caramel. One of the masterminds of dessert recipes came up with a way to mix them both...
If you want to share folders, files and printers on a home or small office network and your computers are on a workgroup and not a domain then each computer needs to have the same username and password. So each...