Mughlai Chicken Biryani
This is a very famous Indian dish, available in most Restuarants. We prepare at home with our own little twist ...
1. 1 full chicken cut in medium size pieces
2. 3 spoons Biryani masala, I use Shan brand Malay biryani
3. 2 onions
4. 6 chillies (small) cut in lengthwise
5. Ginger, Garlic paste 1 tbsp each
6. 2 tbsp salt
7. 3 tbsp yogurt (curds)
8. 1/4 tbsp garam masala
9. 1 tomato
10. 2 tbsp coriander powder
11. Coriander leaves (Cilantro)
12. 3.5 cups white Basmati rice
13. Optional - few bay leaf, couple of Cinnamin sticks
14. 4 tbsp oil
• First marinate Chicken pieces with Yogurt, garam masala, salt, Biryani masala, ginger & garlic paste for few hours. This gives Chicken very good taste.
• Soak rice in water for about 1/2 to 1 hour
• Now heat oil in a vessel in which you will be cooking biryani
• add chillies and fry for 1-2 minutes
• add onions and fry untill they are brown
• add tomato fry for couple of minutes
• now add marinated Chicken with other ingrediants, coriander powder and mix everything together and fry for 15 minutes turning once every few minutes
• now add bay leaf, cinnamin sticks, coriander leaves and fry for 2 minutes
• now add 5 cups of water and soaked rice
• cook until rice is done mixing the contents occasionally
This is a classic chicken recipe and should serve for 4-6 people.
More by this Author
Gakhar is a Mughlai Bread made of wheat flour and consumed with vegetarian or non-vegetarian curried dishes.
Paya dish is a very delicious recipe made from goat or lamb legs and relished at homes as well as in restaurants. Here I have given the recipe of Paya dish as it is prepared in Bohra kitchens in India.
Eating less improves digestion by reducing dumping of extra food on digestive system. People who eat less live longer and have protection against obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure and ischemic heart disease.