My Apple Crisp Recipe
Autumn is my favorite season and I love fresh apples, especially Macintosh. I live just a few blocks from the Madison Wisconsin farmer's market, which is one of the best in the country. Every Saturday they have great fruit and vegetables and In September they have a great apple selection.
Macintosh is my personal favorite. Some people prefer other apples but Macs are my favorites, crisp and delicious, and I think they make a great apple crisp. I modified a recipe I came across because there was too much crisp and not enough apple. I think this recipe is just the right combination.
- 9 cups apple slices
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use cooking spray to coat bottom of 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- Peel, core and pare apples into thin slices.
- Arrange apples in bottom of oiled pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients together until butter is thoroughly incorporated.
- Bake apple crisp until topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
More by this Author
Links to dozens of free cross stitch patterns, many based on vintage advertising images, especially fruit crate label designs.
No comments yet.