My Family's Favorite Taco Salad
The Worlds Best Taco Salad
My mom makes the best taco salad ever! She says she has been making it for 30 years. It makes a great thing to bring to family gatherings or potlucks, because it serves a lot of people and is delicious!
What you'll need:
- 1 Head of Iceberg lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 Large OR 2 Small tomatoes, diced
- 1 Can of Ranch Beans, chilled and drained
- 1 Package of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Small bottle of Catalina dressing, chilled
- 1 Pound of hamburger meat
- 1 Pouch of taco seasoning
- 1 Bag of original Fritos
How you Make It:
1. Prepare hamburger meat with taco seasoning, set aside.
2. Toss lettuce, tomatoes, beans, and cheese in a LARGE bowl.
3. Pour dressing over the salad and toss it again
4. Put a few Fritos in a bowl and top with a serving of salad
5. Finish with the warm taco meat on top of the salad
6. Add extra chips and/or cheese to the top if you want
Do not pour the dressing on the salad until you are ready to serve it (the lettuce will get soggy).
I really like this because it hot, cold, and crunchy all at the same time. You should definitely try it one night for dinner!
Parker (and my mom)
More by this Author
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Getting a Car when you turn 16. Talk to almost any 15 year old kid, and they will tell you that they want a car for their sixteenth birthday. That could be one of the greatest...
Indian Motorcycle Everything You Need to Know About Indian Motorcycles "You can't wear out an Indian Scout, or its brother the Indian Chief. They are built like rocks to take hard knocks; it's the Harleys that...
The Top 10 Greatest Gibson Guitars of All-Time Gibson Guitar Corporation was founded on October 11, 1902, and has been making quality instruments ever since. However, most of you may agree with me and say they really...