My Family's Favorite Taco Salad
The Worlds Best Taco Salad
My mom makes the best taco salad ever! She says she has been making it for 30 years. It makes a great thing to bring to family gatherings or potlucks, because it serves a lot of people and is delicious!
What you'll need:
- 1 Head of Iceberg lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 Large OR 2 Small tomatoes, diced
- 1 Can of Ranch Beans, chilled and drained
- 1 Package of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Small bottle of Catalina dressing, chilled
- 1 Pound of hamburger meat
- 1 Pouch of taco seasoning
- 1 Bag of original Fritos
How you Make It:
1. Prepare hamburger meat with taco seasoning, set aside.
2. Toss lettuce, tomatoes, beans, and cheese in a LARGE bowl.
3. Pour dressing over the salad and toss it again
4. Put a few Fritos in a bowl and top with a serving of salad
5. Finish with the warm taco meat on top of the salad
6. Add extra chips and/or cheese to the top if you want
Do not pour the dressing on the salad until you are ready to serve it (the lettuce will get soggy).
I really like this because it hot, cold, and crunchy all at the same time. You should definitely try it one night for dinner!
Parker (and my mom)
More by this Author
How to Choose the Right CB Radio Antenna When researching and buying an antenna for your CB radio, there are many things to consider. How will I mount it on my car? Will my car fit in my garage while it’s on the...
The History and Use of CB Radios. CB Radio means Citizens Band Radio. Disigned for short distance communication between individual people, CB's can be used without a license and for either personal or business use. ...
The Top 10 Greatest Gibson Guitars of All-Time Gibson Guitar Corporation was founded on October 11, 1902, and has been making quality instruments ever since. However, most of you may agree with me and say they really...