Organic meatloaf with ground turkey and zucchini.
Would you really want this on your dinner plate?
- Home Page | PERDUE®
The Perdue name means the best quality, nutrition, and safety. Perdue chicken is 100% veggie fed with no animal-by-products. Taste the difference.
Choosing the meat
Using organic ground turkey, (or organic ground chicken) as an alternative to beef is healthier, cheaper, and just as delicious.
It is also free from hormones, genetic tampering, and antibiotics that the beef products currently offered on the market have.
After investigating all chicken/turkey breeders the only one that actually puts out an "organic" product is Perdue under the brand name: Harvest Brand.
The more common brands (Tyson, Sanderson Farms, Butterball, and others) all use GMO animals or animals that are fed GMO foods. These animals that are fed GMO foods also pass on genetically altered genes to the consumer, as do those animals directly genetically modified with other questionably healthy genes that alter the "natural" makeup of mother nature's own.
Man has never been, or will ever be, able to produce a better, or safer, product than that of mother nature.
Turkey Zucchini Meatloaf
- 10 ounces Organic Zucchini, Coarsely grated
- 2 pounds Organic ground turkey or chicken
- 6 ounces Organic tomato paste
- 3/4 cup Organic bread crumbs, Or toasted organic bread with 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 2 large Organic eggs, Beaten
- 1 two ounce package Organic onion dry soup mix, If unable to find organic use one large organic onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thyme, ground or leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Organic garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients together
- Place in a lightly greased oven safe casserole dish. (Pam olive oil spray, or organic butter)
- Spread a light coating of ketchup over the loaf, and top with a couple of crushed saltine crackers. Or, if you are serving to kids of any age, just make a smiley face on the top with ketchup and leave the crushed crackers off, or border the smiley face with the crushed crackers.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees, for 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean
- Let stand for at least 5 minutes after removing from oven before cutting.
Complete a meal
an organic baked potato, or organic rice,
a green salad made with organic vegetables flavored with your favorite organic salad dressing,
and your favorite organic vegetables.
**Warmed up left overs make excellent sandwiches with toasted organic bread and organic tomato Ketchup.
© 2010 d.william
More by this Author
Unregulated food labeling can be detrimental to our health. The unproven safety of Genetically Engineered foods is a dangerous practice.
Easy recipes for the cooking impaired. Using your rice cooker for more than steamed rice. Variety is only limited to your own imagination.
Greed, Judgmentalism, & Self Serving: the roots of all evil. Eliminate these and all the troubles in this world would just fade away.