My Grandma's Amazing Potato Salad Recipe
Potato salad...an easy dish that goes with everything!
Mmm, potato salad...the most delicious comfort food imaginable! If you too love the taste of potato salad and want a quick and easy recipe that tastes incredible, you need to check out my grandma's favorite potato salad recipe. A lot of love always went into my grandma's dishes and this potato salad recipe is no different. I've made it so much that I memorized the process. My family absolutely loves it and I'm certain yours will too!
Grandma's Potato Salad Completion Time
What You Will Need for Grandma's Potato Salad
- 8 medium red potatoes, unpeeled
- 6 eggs
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 jar (8oz) green olives, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (we use Hellman's)
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 1 medium pot
- 1 small pot
- 1 strainer
Grandma's Potato Salad Directions
- Wash potatoes, and cut into small cubes. Fill a medium pot 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil. Carefully drop potato cubes into the boiling water and cook on medium high for 15-20 minutes. Pour potatoes and water into a strainer and rinse potatoes for 3-5 minutes with cold water. Place cool potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Carefully place the eggs in a small pot and cover completely with cold water. Bring these to a boil then cook on medium high for 15 minutes. Remove boiling water and rinse eggs with cold water for about 3-4 minutes. Fill pot with cold water and set eggs aside.
- In a food processor (or by hand with a knife), chop up 4 celery stalks into small pieces and add to potatoes in large mixing bowl. Chop up the onion and place them in the bowl as well. Toss in half a jar of sliced green olives. Mix them all together with a spoon.
- Crack eggs and remove shells. Be sure to rinse each egg under cold water to remove any excess shells. Place the eggs in the food processor and chop them up until slightly fine. Add them to the mixing bowl and stir with a spoon.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise with the yellow mustard. Stir until well blended. Add the mixture to the potato concoction and stir until well blended. Add a dash of salt and pepper and enjoy!
Helpful hints when making your Grandma's Potato Salad
* You can add anything you like and take out anything you don’t want. Some people add relish or even substitute mayonnaise for Miracle Whip
* Replace green olives with green peppers or onion with carrot strips…create your own potato salad anyway you like
* Make this recipe low-fat by replacing mayonnaise with low-fat mayonnaise and use only egg whites and remove the yolk
* Do not over boil potatoes or eggs…potatoes will be semi-soft and eggs will turn gray around the yolk if overcooked
* For a delicious additive, cook up half a package of bacon and add crumbled up pieces to your potato salad dish
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Potato Salad
|Serving size: 2/3 cup|
|Calories from Fat||126|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 14 g||22%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 23 g||8%|
|Sugar 5 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 10 mg||3%|
|Sodium 440 mg||18%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
How Would You Rate Grandma's Potato Salad?
Also Try This Delicious Recipe for Warm Potato Salad by Laura Vitale
Mixing Spoon Set
Grandma's Potato Salad goes great with Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs!
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs
Check out this deliciously amazing recipe for bacon cheeseburger meatballs from the CentsLess website! It's too good not to try and these will go great with your potato salad side dish. Find the bacon cheeseburger meatballs recipe at...
Potato and Green Bean Salad Recipe
1001 Easy Low-Carb Recipes to Try
Mmm, side dishes make every meal yummy!
What is your favorite side dish to make with a meal?See results without voting
More by this Author
A suspicious mind can be a dangerous thing. Relationships can rarely survive when one person has doubts about the other's loyalty. Here are some warning signs to look for in a cheating partner.
It's that time of year again! Cold air and blistery snow will give way to icy conditions. This means using lots of rock salt to clear outdoor walkways...or does it? Not with these tips.
Let's face it...most women in a relationship start to want some sort of committment from their man after being together for awhile. Although scary, there are ways to get him to talk "future" plans.