My Mouthwatering Chili Recipe
This is my easy and delicious recipe for a meat chili. I've tried many chili recipe's in my time and this is my 'go to' choice. My family loves the combination of fresh vegetables, spices and beef. Try this tasty recipe for your family and you can be sure it will become one of their favorite meals. It's a great choice during the cold winter months, although anytime is a good excuse to make homemade chili.
© 2013 Linda Rogers
Please Rate my Chili Recipe
Cook Time for Chili
Ingredients for Chili
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cans Whole Tomatoes
- 1 Can Stewed Tomatoes
- 4 Stalks Celery, Diced
- 1 Whole Onion, Diced
- 1 Box Fresh Mushrooms, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Whole Yellow,Green or Red Pepper, Diced
- 1 Bottle Picante Sauce, Mild, Medium or Hot
- Dash Tobasco Sauce
- 1/4 C Chili Sauce
- 3-tsp Chili Powder
- 2 Cans Kidney Beans
- 1 Can Chili Beans
- Sour Cream, Optional
- Shredded Cheese, Optional
Directions for Chili
- Brown (2) Pounds Ground Beef and Drain Well.
- Chop and saut'e (4) Stalks Celery, (1) Box Fresh Mushrooms, (1) Onion Diced, (2) Cloves Minced Garlic, (1) Yellow or Red Pepper. Drain Sauteed Vegetables in Colander.
- Add together ground beef and all sauteed vegetables.
- Add remaining ingredients: (1) Bottle Picante Sauce (1) Can Stewed Tomatoes (2) Cans Whole Tomatoes (2) Cans Diced Tomatoes (2) Cans Kidney Beans (1) Can Chili Beans (1/4) Chili. Sauce (3) Tsp. Chili Powder
- Optional: Top Chili with Sour Cream and Shredded Cheese This is such a tasty chili recipe that I choose not to top it with additional toppings.
Do you Have a Signature Chili Recipe that Everyone LovesSee results without voting
Definition of Chili
Chili con Carne: commonly known in American English as simply "chili", is a spicy stew containing chili peppers, meat (usually beef), and often tomatoes and beans. Other seasonings may include garlic, onions, and cumin. Geographic and personal tastes involve different types of meat and ingredients. Recipes provoke disputes among aficionados, some of whom insist that the word "chili" applies only to the basic dish, without beans and tomatoes. Chili con Carne is a frequent dish for cook-offs and is used as an ingredient in other dishes.
I Serve Tostitos Scoop Chips on the Side
© 2013 Linda Rogers
More by this Author
This is my favorite recipe for Chicken Stir fry with Vegetables. I eat this once a week because it's delicious as well as healthy.
This is a simple chicken skillet-dinner that will wow your taste buds. The mix of chicken, curry, vegetables, and potatoes make it a delicious one-pot dinner.
A poem about childhood depression