My Second Date Chicken & Noodle Recipe
My Second Date
My first date with my husband was nothing unusual. Well, except for his music choices for the night. He took me to a bar where they were doing Karaoke. He sang a few songs for me and then took me home. He told me later that he wasn't even sure that he would ask me for a second date, and I am so glad that he did.
Our second date was more memorable. I made him homemade chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes and green beans. He seemed to like it and ate quite a bit of it. I thought it was a little off, but still good enough to eat.
The next afternoon I heard from Dave. He asked me how I felt. I told him I was fine. He, on the other hand, had been sick all day. He blamed it on my food...Later I found out that the compressor in my refrigerator had gone out...all of the ingredients I had used in my meal had been in the fridge...and had gone bad...
So, I guess my advice here, make sure your ingredients are fresh!
After All That, We Are Still Together...And Happy!
- 1 Whole Chicken, Medium sized
- 2 Bags Flour Noodles, 12 oz -( I use Reames)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon parsley
Yummy For A Cold Winter's Night
- Bring chicken to a boil in large saucepan of water. Sprinkle half of celery seed and half of parsley into saucepan. Cook until chicken separates from bone - approximately 30 - 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and place in bowl to cool. Strain water into bowl and then back into saucepan. Add noodles and remainder of spices to water. Cook noodles as directed on package - about another 30 - 45 minutes. Add chicken and stir thoroughly.
- Serve in a bowl or over mashed potatoes.
- For variation add one small can (6oz) can of tomato paste or 1 cup of ketchup when you add the chicken. Yummy!
Yummy And Nutritious!
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 9 g||18%|
|Cholesterol 78 mg||26%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
If you are ever in downtown Wichita, Kansas, walk by and enjoy the sculptures that are everywhere as you walk.
I stopped to give money to a stranger on a street corner...here is his story...
I love my rose colored glasses - but when I take them off for a minute, I see the social issues that still exist in America. Why does racism still exist?