Mexican Food Recipe's
As I go through my Mexican recipes, in preparation to for a Mexican meal, I anticipate the mouth watering spicy aromas that waft from the kitchen. As my family picks up the scent their appetite is triggered and anticipation rises for the moment we all dive in. I have several Mexican recipes on hand but am always on the hunt for more. Mexican food is one of the family's favorite meal fortes.
If you enjoy eating Mexican Foods, you will want to try these Mexican Food recipes. Cooking a Mexican Fiesta is easy and the variety of possibilities is endless. Mexican foods are interesting, delicious and spicy with many textures. In most cases it is also very nutritional.
In this hub I will share four diverse Mexican Recipe's. The first is a recipe, which my daughter Renee created, is called Naked Mexican Burritos, her family's favorite. The second, Tasty Mexican Soup, is a throw together recipe I created when I didn't know what to cook. It was delicious! Next is a standby recipe that always gets a thumbs up from the family, our favorite Mexican Tacos. The recipe listed for Chicken Fiesta is quick and easy to prepare. It is a crowd pleaser because of it's aroma's and delicious combination of ingredients, I'd say it is a warm comfort food. Lastly I have added a special treat called Mexican Hot Chocolate. This special cocoa is.a decadent hot chocolate drink which will top off your delicious Mexican Meal leaving you pleased and satisfied.
Naked Burrito Recipe
One day my daughter was craving a burrito she buys from a local restaurant. Although she loves burritos she does not love the calories. In an effort to recreate the same delicious blend of spices and textures she designed her first original recipe.
Her Naked Burrito Recipe was an immediate family hit. With her permission I share her original recipe with you.
Ingredients: Naked Mexican Burrito
- 1 can Black Beans, Organic
- 1 can Refried Black Beans, Organic
- 1 can Mexican diced tomatoes, Organic
- 1 cup Lundberger California White Basmati Rice
- 2 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Fresh Cilantro
- 2 lb. Ground Round
- 2 pkg. Taco Mix
Health and Black Beans
If you want an inexpensive yet very nutritious meal - you've got to try black beans in place of meat. Black Beans are very high in fiber and protein.
Additional health benefits include:
- Glucose Levels - Regulate your glucose levels with black beans - keep your metabolism burning. Black beans help to regulate your body's glucose level throughout the day, preventing dips in energy and keeping your metabolism operating at top speed. Burn those extra calories and experience a fullness with beans.
- Soluble Fiber - High fiber means low cholesterol. The soluble fiber in black beans will bind with bile acids in your body then carry it out of your body before the acids have a chance to become cholesterol. Exciting news for your heart health which reduces your risk of a stroke or heart attack.
- Insoluble Fiber - Black beans also contain a large amount of insoluble fiber, which is key fuel for your digestive system. Insoluble fiber prevents a wide range of illnesses, including serious bowel diseases like diverticulitis and irritable bowl syndrome. Insoluble fiber also addressed bouts of constipation.
- High in antioxidants - (anthocyanins) helps to fight free radicals in your system.
- Cancer fighter - Black beans are a powerful nutritional weapon in the fight against cancer
- High in Iron and manganese - Two very important building blocks of a healthy overall diet.
Enjoy your black beans knowing your body is using the nutrition to create a health, strength and well-being.
- RICE Pour 2 1/2 cup water into Basmati Rice. Bring to a boil. Stir, turn heat down Cover with lid for 10 to 20 minutes. When all the water is absorbed let set for 5 minutes. Stir cilantro into the rice.
- TACO MEAT Fry beef until thoroughly browned. Drain fat from beef. Add Taco Pkg., Add Water. Follow directions on Taco Pkg. Heat until very Hot.
- BEANS Combine refried beans and black whole beans in saucepan and heat until hot. add Mexican diced tomatoes. Heat until hot. Set on low Heat until ready to serve.
- TOPPINGS: Shredded lettuce, Shredded cheddar cheese, Black Olives sliced into thirds, Mild Jalapenos chopped, Onions, Sour cream, Salsa (Red), Optional *Victoria Salsa jalapeno (Green - because some like it hot)
- PLACEMENT: Place each ingredient in a separate container. Each person will place ingredients on plate as listed: Rice - heap a portion as your base Taco Meat, Mexican Beans, End with Toppings of your choice. Note: My daughter said that the ingredients (minus toppings) can also be layered into a 9 x 13" casserole dish. After it is cooked through - cut into servings and cover with toppings. She prefers serving in separate dishes so people can choose what they like and pass by items they may not like.
- OPTIONAL: If you don't like this burrito recipe naked and you are not worried about calories ... wrap the items in a flour tortilla ... It is amazing!
Tasty Mexican Soup
This is a throw together recipe that I created one day when I didn't know what to cook. As I look at the ingredients I wonder, What was I thinking. I was happily surprised by the delicious results. I hope you try it and like it. :)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can chunky chicken and rice soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 chicken sausages - there are some awesome flavors available. I like the Spinach/Cheese Mix or the Apple Sausage.
- Onions (thin slices)
- Cheddar Cheese
Mix black beans, tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup and milk in a saucepan. As mixture is heating cut sausages into bite sized pieces. Fry sausage in olive oil with lots of thin onion slices, salt if needed.
When onions are caramelized and sausage very browned add them to the soup. Pour a steeping hot portion in each bowl. If desired sprinkle Crushed Doritos and Cheddar Cheese on top. ENJOY!
Mexican Taco Recipe
As I plan to do my Mexican cooking each week I always make sure I have all the necessary ingredients. I choose organic vegetables, meat and beans. A Mexican dish the family asks for over and over again is the Mexican Taco.
Our love affair with Taco's began, believe it or not, with Taco Bell. As a young family we often ate at Taco Bell because it was tasty, fast, easy and cheap. It's still fast and easy to make from home and even cheaper and tastier as you add your own toppings in the amounts you prefer.
WRAP OR SHELL
Soft Tortilla Wraps (heated in oven for softness)
Hard Corn Taco Shells (heat in oven for crispness and a much better taste)
1 lb. Lean Organic Ground Beef
1 pkg. taco seasonings
Cook as directed on the back of the taco seasoning packet
1 can organic re-fried beans (heated on the stove)
1 lb. Shredded Cheese
1/2 chopped Sweet Onion
Place each item above in a dish. Arrange them in a circle on your table. Begin with your Tortilla Wrap or Taco Shell and go around the table placing the items you enjoy one on top of the other.
Your family will really appreciate this Taco Recipe and for the Mexican Cooking you do to put smiles on their faces. Get ready to do the Mexican Hat Dance when your family praises you .. because they will, take it from a mom who knows
For a surprising and delicious switch to your Mexican Dinner, try using a Mexican chicken recipe. I have a very simple recipe that you can whip together in no time. Another family favorite!
4 cups of cooked rice
1 can red beans (rinsed)
2 chicken breasts (cooked and cubed)
1 large can Tomato Sauce
1 tsp. cumin
2 to 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Spread the rice In the bottom of a 9 x 13" pan. Put beans on top of rice then spread chicken over. Mix cumin into tomato sauce and pour over the rice and beans. Cover with Cheddar Cheese.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Toppings for the Table
Shredded lettuce Onions
Mexican Hot Chocolate
After enjoying your Mexican Meal ... sit back .... relax and enjoy a cup of Mexican Hot Chocolate.
- 3 tablespoons instant hot chocolate mix
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch chili powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Whipped Cream
Place all dry ingredients in a mug. Add milk and boiling water. Stir together and top it off with whipped cream.
More by this Author
This article will teach you how to create a messy bun, including instructions and how-tos for different versions of this playful style.
People yearn to be loved and seek diligently to find someone to pour their own love into. This article reveals 3 forms or levels of love ranging from a base indulgence to a holy, sacrificial gift.
Do you have the gift of Discernment? Do you know how to use this gift to minister to the body of Christ? Learn more details about what the word of God has to say about this spiritual gift.