Lasagna without Ricotta Cheese Recipe
Please rate this recipe!
Traditional lasagna contains ricotta cheese, but this recipe leaves it out if you have family members like mine that do not like the taste or texture of ricotta. This recipe goes together very easily and bakes for just 30 minutes. Serve with garlic knots or dinner rolls and a tossed salad.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 24 oz can of spaghetti sauce, I used Hunt's Garlic & herb
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small can of sliced mushrooms
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet, add in the chopped onion, crushed garlic, and ground black pepper. At the same time, cook your noodles according to the package directions.
- Drain the meat and put it back in the skillet. Add the spaghetti sauce, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, sliced mushrooms and a 1/2 cup of water. Turn off the burner and just stir the mixture.
- Using a 9 x 13 baking dish, lightly spray the bottom with cooking spray like Pam. Place 3 noodles in the bottom of the pan. Top the noodles with about 1/3 of the meat mixture. Repeat with the other noodles and meat mixture, ending with meat on top. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until cheese on top is browned. Let it stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
More by this Author
Until this year, the only time that I've had mice or rats in the house were when my daughter had pet mice and rats, and one of those times we did have one loose in the house. (Science fair project got loose.) Anyway,...
Firearms can be a very dangerous tool in the hands of the wrong person. Every state has their own gun laws and regulations. For the state of Georgia, the laws are pretty straight forward and easy to abide by. Before you...
You may refer to a truss as the rafter, but it's basically the skeleton of the roof, carrying the weight of the frame and supporting the walls of the building. Trusses are very important to preventing the walls from...