Lasagna without Ricotta Cheese Recipe
Please rate this recipe!
Traditional lasagna contains ricotta cheese, but this recipe leaves it out if you have family members like mine that do not like the taste or texture of ricotta. This recipe goes together very easily and bakes for just 30 minutes. Serve with garlic knots or dinner rolls and a tossed salad.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 24 oz can of spaghetti sauce, I used Hunt's Garlic & herb
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small can of sliced mushrooms
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet, add in the chopped onion, crushed garlic, and ground black pepper. At the same time, cook your noodles according to the package directions.
- Drain the meat and put it back in the skillet. Add the spaghetti sauce, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, sliced mushrooms and a 1/2 cup of water. Turn off the burner and just stir the mixture.
- Using a 9 x 13 baking dish, lightly spray the bottom with cooking spray like Pam. Place 3 noodles in the bottom of the pan. Top the noodles with about 1/3 of the meat mixture. Repeat with the other noodles and meat mixture, ending with meat on top. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until cheese on top is browned. Let it stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
More by this Author
These are some of the issues I had after purchasing my classic mustang. Engine: was not an issue with my 67 mustang fastback. but this is probably an issue with most. I was lucky that my 289 was rebuilt and only had...
You don't always have to tile, carpet, or hardwood your floors. The new thing is to just stain the concrete that's already there. It's a lot of work, but if done properly, your home will look gorgeous. If you're...
You may refer to a truss as the rafter, but it's basically the skeleton of the roof, carrying the weight of the frame and supporting the walls of the building. Trusses are very important to preventing the walls from...