No Sugar Added Banana Muffins: Recipe
The last few days, when I went grocery shopping, the only bananas that were available, including the organic ones, were already beyond the ripeness stage that I usually look for, so I was going to pass on buying them. Then I thought, hey what about baking, I can make banana muffins and bread, as long as I do so as soon as I get these home or the next day. If I don’t then I’d best freeze them.
The bananas were ripe enough that mashing them was incredibly easy, not that mashing a banana is a particularly difficult task.
When you bake muffins with ripe bananas you do not need to add sugar, add some cinnamon and they are sweet enough to eat.
Sugar Free Banana Muffins
3 lg. bananas
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 c. organic whole wheat flour
1/3 c. melted butter
Add cinnamon and slightly beaten egg.
Add melted butter.
Sift dry ingredients together and add to above mixture.
Mix until moistened.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
This makes one dozen muffins, which go great with coffee in the morning, or are ideal to put in a lunch for later that day.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
5. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
6. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
8. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
There is no reason to toss bananas away of they begin to age as long as you either use them or freeze them. Freezing is also a good technique when bananas are on sale, you can buy extra and set them aside for another day.
More by this Author
Landscaping your front yard can increase your property's value by up to 20 per cent. I divide home buyers/owners into three broad categories. This is simply done in order to help the buyer make appropriate...
Breakfast is the day’s most important meal. It is also one of the easiest meals to prepare. Better yet, when your breakfast is scrambled eggs or an omelet, it can be lunch or supper as well. Eggs are versatile...
From Spring to fall as we walk about town we pass by and fail to recognize the foods that are all around us. Even foods that we do not such as apples, pears and raspberries go unpicked because they sit on property that...