Nutritious Breakfast Cereals With The Most Protein
High Protein Breakfast Cereals
It can be quite challenging to find a breakfast cereal that is high in protein and fiber. But eating a breakfast that is high in both fiber and protein is one of the healthiest choices you can make when starting your day. If your looking to build lean muscle or lose weight, its especially important to make sure that you start your day with plenty of protein and fiber. For this reason, I have been doing some research on some healthy cereals that can help you get more protein out of your breakfast. You can include these cereals in your diet and add them to your grocery list, and I will also share some other ideas that will make your cereal taste better and add additional protein as well.
- Best Start Cereal - This is one of the best cereals out there in my opinion, it is sold at Sunflower farmers market which is now called "Sprouts farmers market" and it is loaded with 13 grams of protein and 10 grams of dietary fiber. Its very affordable, and once you add milk to your cereal you can easily get 20 grams of protein with this combination.
- Oatmeal, Oats, Steel Cut Oats - Oatmeal and oats are often overlooked for breakfast, but they are a great way to get a sufficient amount of protein and fiber, and oatmeal is also extremely heart healthy. I like having oatmeal for breakfast because it digests slow, which is very good for keeping your metabolism running fast. I also prefer oatmeal over other cereals because its very easy to make oatmeal that has over 25 grams of protein. Some good things you can add to your oatmeal are blueberries which will make it taste better, and you can add plenty of things like nutritional yeast, protein powder, a teaspoon of peanut butter or almond butter to add even more protein to your bowl of oatmeal.
- Kashi Go Lean Cereals - Many of the Kashi Go Lean Cereals are not only high in fiber, but they also have around 9 - 13 grams of protein per serving. Kashi cereals have gotten extremely good reviews and I have a lot of friends that swear by the cereal not only for its nutritious benefits but for the taste as well. As with any other cereal, you can add other things to your Kashi cereal to make it taste better and increase the amount of protein per serving. One of my favorite things to add to cereal is whey protein powder.
- Nature's Path Optimum Banana Almond - Another great cereal that is high in protein and fiber. This cereal tastes great and has 5 grams of fiber and 10 grams of protein. I like to add flax to this cereal for additional fiber and protein.
Ingredients That Add Protein To Your Cereal
Here are some great things that you can add to your cereal to supercharge the amount of protein in every serving. These are all healthy options that can ultimately add up to 30 grams of protein to your oatmeal or cereal.
- Protein Powder in your cereal - this is by far one of my favorite ingredients to add to my cereal because it makes your cereal taste even better, without adding all the extra sugar. I highly recommend protein powders like Optimum Nutrition's - 100% Whey Protein because it tastes great and has over 20 grams of protein per serving. Check the link below to see how you can save money on protein powder when you buy it online.
- Peanut Butter - Another great way to increase protein and add some flavor is to use peanut butter or almond butter. Using about 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon should be enough to add around 6 grams of protein.
- Ground Flax Seed - Ground flax seed is a good source of protein as well as other nutrients, adding about a teaspoon of flax seed can add a few grams of protein and fiber.
- Hard Boiled Egg - This may not be something that you put in your cereal, but its a great way to get more Omega 3 nutrients and 6 more grams of protein. I sometimes will have a hard boiled egg before or after I eat my cereal or oatmeal in the morning.
Overall, if your looking to add a lot more protein to your breakfast, I would strongly recommend that you look into a lean protein powder. Not only will it accelerate the results that your looking for, it can help you lose weight and help you meet your protein consumption goals.
Recommended Protein Supplements
- Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein by Optimum Nutrition at Bodybuilding.com - Lowest Prices on Gold Sta
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein is Packed with Whey Protein Isolates & Fast-Acting HYDROWHEY Peptides! - Bodybuilding.com - Lowest Prices!
More by this Author
A Workout and Supplement guide for bodybuilding. How to Increase your muscle strength in the gym and increase muscle gains on the biceps, shoulders and chest muscles.
Buyer's guide for choosing the best paintball gun on the market in 2015. Should you get a speedball marker or woodsball gun? Best paintball upgrades.
A dietary guide to building bigger muscle on your arms and the lifestyle you should embrace if you want larger biceps and triceps. High protein diet and pre-workout supplements are key to growth.