Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Delicious and Versatile
A delicious Oatmeal cookie that has just a hint of orange flavor from an orange flavored olive oil.
Because this recipe does not call for eggs, it is equally delicious when made vegan by substituting the butter with a dairy-free margarine. You can also substitute the almonds for 1 cup of chocolate chips (can be non-dairy), dried cranberries or raisins. If you don't have a flavored olive oil on hand, you can replace it with a tablespoon of butter or non-flavored olive oil.
- 3/4 cup Butter (or Non-Dairy Margarine for Vegan)
- 1 tablespoon Orange Flavored Olive Oil
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons Ground Flax Seed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Oats
- 1/2 cup Toasted Almond Slivers
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flax seed and water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream (beat well with a hand or Kitchen Aid mixer) the butter, olive oil, and both types of sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in the flax seed mixture and the vanilla. Beat until well blended,
- Slowly stir in the sifted flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Stir in the oats, then the almonds.
- Make small round balls (about 1 inch in diameter - smaller to yield more cookies) and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes.
More by this Author
Super Stop® Cigarette Holder claims to reduce tar and nicotine and give excellent smoking pleasure. Read here to see if the claim holds true.
Meditation can be used to protect oneself from external pressures or stresses. we can use meditation techniques to protect ourselves from the negative affects certain people or situations have on us.