Old fashioned recipes: Tamale pie recipe
Benefits of eating corn
Corn is one of the most popular foods all around the world. It's a good source of nutrients. It contains high fibers that absorb water and swells so it's satisfying besides it eases movement of stool. It also contains low fats and some vitamins such as vitamin C. Corn is a good source of folic acid which prevents heart diseases as it prevents buildup of homosysteine which is considered a direct reason for heart diseases. It also contains protein, carbohydrate, sodium and no cholesterol.
Tamale pie is a meal that depends mainly on corn. It can be made in a short time and can be eaten on breakfast or dinner.
1 Cup full of cornmeal
4 Cup of water
1 Tsp minced garlic
2 Cups tomato sauce
1 Pound minced beef meat
1 Cup whole kernel corn
Chili powder as required
1/2 Cup diced onion
1 cup of sliced olives
1 cup shredded cheese
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil
- Mix a cup of corn meal in a cup of cold water then pour into boiled water and stir till it is cooked
- In a cooking pan put diced onions, 1tsp salt, garlic, chilly powder and minced beef meat. Cook till meat becomes brown as you'r stirring then add kernel corn and olives.
- Add tomato sauce and corn meal mixture and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Brush a baking tray with butter then turn the mixture into the tray.
- Put shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in a 400F oven for 20 minutes.
More by this Author
The nicest rice, pasta and lintels mixture :) I believe that Egyptian cooks are really genius. They could create a very delicious dish that costs nothing. As I've studied in Egypt history, ancient Egyptians suffered...
I like tasty food, where ever it comes from. I like some Indian recipes and deserts, I have an Indian friend who's very clever and a real good cooker. She taught me some recipes. I also enjoy all French Yummy deserts. I...
Baron Empain palace is one of the wonders that are found in Egypt. Many stories about ghosts' deeds in the palace. Who is Baron Empain? Why did he choose Egypt for his palace. Are the ghost stories are real?