One Pot Recipes: Lasagna in one Pan
One Pot Lasagna Recipe
I love one pot recipes, so little washing up! I find a lot of recipes just need far too many dishes, bowls and other things.
So here's a great recipe I've been making for more years than I can remember! Adapt it to suit your tastes and enjoy this one pot lasagna recipe alone, or share it with friends! Some people call this Lasagna in a Frying Pan, or Skillet Lasagna as Americans would say!
One Pan Recipes - Lasagna: Ingredients
- Olive oil (for frying)
- 1 large (or 2 medium) onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed/grated or cut up really tiny
- 250grams dried lasagna sheets (if you do use fresh lasagna, then this will need less cooking time)
- 250grams mince (you can use any mince, or even any meat cut up very small/shredded)
- ½ cup basil leaves, fresh are best
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, grated or cut up really small
- 500gram jar of tomato pasta sauce
- 150grams fresh ricotta cheese, crumbled
One Pan Recipes - Lasagna: Method
- Heat oil in a large/deep ovenproof frying pan.
- Fry the onion and garlic together for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Break the lasagna sheets into medium-sized pieces.
- Combine the lasagna sheets, mince/meat, basil, chilli and half the mozzarella in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the lasagna mix into the frying pan. Stir it all together.
- Spread the mix evenly across the base of your frying pan.
- Mix the jar of pasta sauce with a generous cup of cold water and pour this into the frying pan, giving everything a good mix around.
- Bring your mixture to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, until the lasagna is tender.
- Preheat your grill on medium-high heat.
- Top your lasagna with the ricotta cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Grill for 5 minutes, until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Remove from the grill and cover the frying pan. Stand for 5 minutes.
This lasagna in a frying pan is quick and easy to make - and tasty. It's perfect for making if you're on holiday in a caravan/apartment, or if you are cooking for one with limited space and utensils. All you need is a frying pan and - voila, you have a lasagna!
One Pan Recipes - Lasagna: Serving Suggestions
I love this one pan lasagna just on its own, but it's a very flexible meal and you might like to consider any of the following:
- Serve with a side portion of baked beans.
- Serve with a green salad of your choice.
- A portion of chips/french fries makes for a great fast food/takeaway alternative.
- Serve with tinned tomatoes and frozen peas as a main meal.
- Serve as an alternative dish at a barbecue
I love this dish hot or cold - I've even taken a couple of slices down to the beach for a picnic.
Try it, experiment. Add in your favourite extras ... and enjoy!
One Pan Lasagna Recipes: Leftovers
Once you've made your one pan lasagna, you can keep the leftovers (covered) in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can microwave it (2-3 minutes/covered) to heat it up again, or you can even freeze it in portions so you've got a great easy/instant meal ready.
Use a food flask and take your leftovers to work - be the person with the best lunch every day!
More by this Author
I love this cheap, quick and easy microwave flapjack recipe. It produces soft, moist flapjacks in under 10 minutes (plus the cooling/setting time) with a minimum of effort and mess!
This easy cheese bread recipe is SO versatile you can use it for almost any flavour combination you can think of! This is a no yeast cheese bread too.
Do you ever ask yourself, "Why is my house so damp?" Every house can suffer from moisture problems for many reasons, but here are some things that will work to get rid of damp once and for all.