Organic Cooking Ideas - Healthy Organic Breakfast Recipes - Quick, Easy & Delicious!
It has been said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not start your day off right with a healthy organic breakfast? I recently made the switch to a mostly organic diet (80-95% organic) and have definitely been doing a lot of healthy, organic cooking! If you're looking for some quick, easy and delicious organic breakfast recipes - you've come to the right place! Read on for some of my favorite breakfast ideas. Also - if you're looking for even simpler organic breakfast ideas, check out this article that involves limited cooking: Organic Breakfast Ideas.
Organic Breakfast Recipe - Mediterranean Egg Scramble
Of course there are many different variations on a breakfast scramble, but my absolute favorite has a savory Mediterranean flavor. This dish is also great for a lighter lunch or dinner. If you want, you can even make it into an omelet.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of diced organic tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of organic artichoke hearts
- 2 tbsp of diced organic vidalia onion
- 1 tbsp of diced kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp of crumbled organic feta
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of Greek herbs (marjoram, mint, oregano, sage, thyme, etc.)
In a cup, whisk together the eggs with a fork
2. To the egg mixture, add in all your ingredients except for the feta.
3. Heat a frying pan to medium-heat and coat with extra virgin olive oil.
4. Once hot, pour the egg and ingredient mixture and cook. Stirring until done.
5. Once done, sprinkle on the feta and some more herbs, if you'd like.
Buy Organic Breakfast Food Online
Organic Breakfast Recipe - Creamy Fruit Salad
A fruit salad is a great way to start off your day. You'll also need some protein, so non-fat Greek yogurt is a great way to achieve a balanced breakfast. Substitute your favorite, locally grown and organic fruits with my suggestions below. Also, a great trick for getting in your organic fruit servings is to use frozen fruit; otherwise, it can be difficult to find your favorite organic fruits year-round!
- 1 cup of watermelon chunks
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of peach slices
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Optional - 1 tbsp organic pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Optional - 1 tsp organic honey
1. Thoroughly wash and cut the fruit.
2. Pat the fruit dry to get rid of excess moisture.
3. Mix the Greek yogurt with the honey(optional) in a bowl.
4. Carefully combine the yogurt mixture with the fruit to evenly coat.
5. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and pumpkin or sunflower seeds for added flavor.
Organic Breakfast Recipe - Fruit Smoothie
If you're looking for a quick and easy organic breakfast idea that you can bring with you in the car, than a fruit smoothie is a great option. Here is my favorite organic fruit smoothie recipe, that also happens to be a great low calorie idea:
· 1 cup of whole strawberries
· 1/2 cup of blueberries
· 1/2 cup of non-fat greek yogurt
· 2 oz of Pom brand pomegranate juice
· 4 ice cubes
· 1 tsp ground flax seed
1. Thoroughly wash the fruit.
2. Combine all ingredients into the blender.
3. Blend and serve; enjoy!
I hope that you'll be able to incorporate some of these healthy organic breakfast recipes into your diet. If you're looking for some quick & easy breakfast ideas, then you may want to check out these organic breakfast ideas. Make sure to share your favorite organic breakfast recipes below!
Read more free organic articles online:
More by this Author
Within 45 minutes, you could be eating delicious and easy to make cream puffs! This recipe is super easy, super quick (just 30 minutes required to bake and just 10-15 to preparation time). Dazzle your dinner guests or...
I am a huge frozen dinner fan. Would I prefer to eat them opposed to normal, freshly cooked meals? No, way. However, they are wonderful if you are in a pinch and there are some pretty healthy options out there. Frozen...
I recently wrote an article on Low Fat Breakfast Ideas and lo and behold, it has gotten lots of positive responses. Awesome! So, I thought readers would enjoy another article for Low Fat Lunch Ideas. This article will...