Recipe | Pabda Fish Curry - A Bengali Recipe
Bengali Name: Pabda Maacher Jhal
Fish curries are always special when it comes from a Bengali kitchen. Pabda is a kind of freshwater fish. It is very soft and testy. I am giving you a very simple recipe which you can try right now!
- Pabda fish 250 gm
- Turmeric powder 2 tsp
- Mustard oil 100 gm
- Onion seeds 2 tsp
- Green chillies 5 nos
- Salt to test
- Green coriander leaves for garnishing
- Clean and marinate the fish with 1 tsp turmeric powder, a little salt and 1 tsp of mustard oil for ½ an hour.
- Heat the mustard oil and gently fry the fishes in low flame. Use lid when frying. When it is half done remove fishes from the pan and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil add onion seeds, remaining turmeric powder, water and green chillies. Boil with medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Add fishes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with fine rice.
(IF you don’t like fire remove seeds from the green chillies. It will give you the required flavor without the fire.)
More by this Author
It is simply unbelievable! Losing eight pounds in a single week! But it is true and personally I have loosened eight pounds in a single week by following the GM Diet plan. I had no faith in weight loosing...
This is a TV serial of India in Hindi Language aired by Color Television Channel since December 1, 2008. In the first six months the show revolved around two small girls Ichcha and Tapasya who were from totally...
‘Holding the horse’s reins in her teeth, flashing the sword with both the hands, the valiant firebrand, legendary heroine, the Goddess of war, and the epitome of female bravery in India, Maharani Lakshmi Bai...