Pancake Recipe Easy Enough for Kids to Make
You can call them whatever you want, but a flapjack, griddle cake, hotcake, and a flannel cake are all your typical pancake.
Most kids LOVE pancakes for breakfast, cover them with your child's favorite topping, whether it be a cherry sauce, blueberry, or strawberry.
You may even consider making the pancakes into fun shapes by spooning the batter into a ziplock or any sealable plastic bag. Snip off one corner of the bag and gently squeeze the batter onto the hot griddle or baking pan. You are bound to come up with all sorts of fun shapes.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- syrup or powdered sugar
- Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl and stir until well mixed. Set aside.
- Crack the egg into the second mixing bowl. Beat the egg with a fork until the yolk and the whites well mixed. Add the buttermilk and oil to the bowl and beat with the fork until well mix.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until the dry ingredients are wet. The mixture should be somewhat lumpy.
- Grease an unheated griddle or skillet and heat it over medium heat until hot.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the got skillet and cook over medium heat until the pancake has a bubbly surface and the edges are dry.
- Flip the pancake and cook unto the bottom is golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes with syrup, powdered sugar or make fruit sauce.
Mix about 1/2 cup of your favorite fruit pie filling with 2 tablespoons of orange juice. Stir together un a small bowl and heat in the microwave for about 1 minute or until warm.
Serve on top of the pancake stack.
More by this Author
French toast may also be referred to as griddle bread or lost bred, but it's always going to be just plain old french toast. Some kids love it, some eat it, and some just plain refuse it. I'm not a big fan of my...
Waffles make a great breakfast, whether they're eaten plain on the go or you're able to sit down and lather them with butter and syrup. You can purchase Ego waffles, but if you have the time and energy early in the...
Learn some of the signs of infected belly-button piercings and what to do about them.