Panini Pressed Tuna Melt Rolls
Simplicity itself, Tuna Melts have a luscious reputation in terms of taste and ease to make!!
There are numerous ways to make them but I love to make them in my Panini Press, this gives me the opportunity to use different types of breads, the way the panini secures everything in means that you can pack them with lots of different variations. Theres no need to watch a grill until they are cooked, you can just press until ready.
This Tuna Melt however has some classic ingredients, quite simply Tuna, Onion and of course cheese. I have used rolls rather than bread and I love the way the press makes them into little round pockets. Within the center of each roll I popped some Tuna, Onion and topped with some Cheddar Cheese and then pressed until secure and the cheese had melted! I love the fact you dont have to add to much cheese to get a really nice texture.
However you make yours, I hope you enjoy!
- 185g Tuna in Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 Onion, Sliced into Rings
- A handful Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 4 White Rolls
Pressed and Ready to Slice and Serve
- Heat Panini Press, halve rolls, butter and place on press, add Tuna, Onions, Cheese, add top of roll
- Press for 4-6 minutes until nicely flatish and cooked. Enjoy!