Quick, Delicious, 15-Minute Pasta Dishes
These pasta dishes are all super-simple and speedy, though you'd never know it from tasting them! Something for everyone, from the pickiest eater to the most refined palate. Start with one of the chicken dishes, and gradually introduce your child to other options.
Like these dishes?
Tuna Pasta Primavera
- ½ lb dry bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup seeded, chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 6-oz cans low-sodium water-packed white tuna
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
In large saucepan, boil enough water to cook pasta. Add dry pasta and cook until tender, then drain and set aside, reserving a small amount of water in saucepan. While pasta cooks, drain and coarsely flake tuna. Snap ends off asparagus and cut into 1-inch pieces. Place steamer basket into saucepan and add asparagus and peas. Cover and steam 3 to 4 minutes, then drain. Toss together steamed vegetables, green onions, salt, and olive oil, before adding pasta, tomato, and lemon juice. Mix well, then add tuna and toss. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- ½ lb dry penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 14.5-oz can diced Italian-seasoned tomatoes
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 Tbsp sliced ripe olives
Slice zucchini and drain chickpeas. Boil water in medium saucepan, add pasta and cook until tender. While pasta cooks, combine tomatoes, chickpeas, zucchini, and olives in large skillet. Bring to a boil, then reduced heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Drain pasta and spoon vegetable mixture over it to serve.
Pasta Cookbooks on Amazon
Sun-Dried Skillet Ziti
- 2 cups low-fat sun-dried tomato and herb pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- ½ lb dry ziti pasta, uncooked
- 2 ½ cups fresh stir-fry vegetable mix
- 3/4 cup low-fat shredded provolone cheese
Combine pasta sauce and water in large skillet and bring to a boil. Add pasta and vegetables. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese to serve.
Tortellini Pasta Pesto
- 1 9-oz pkg refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 lb frozen broccoli or stir-fry vegetable mix
- 1 8-oz container fat-free sour cream
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
Cook tortellini and vegetables in boiling water 5 to 7 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender. Drain and return to saucepan. In separate bowl, combine sour cream, pesto, and salt, stirring well. Gently fold this mixture into pasta mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan and fresh pepper to serve.
More by this Author
Recipes for no-guilt sweets and treats for those counting Weight Watchers points: Brownies, Shakes, Slushies, and Cookies galore!
Delicious easy-to-follow recipes for WW-Friendly Chicken Noodle Casserole, Chicken Kiev, Buffalo Chicken Strips, Quick Chicken Teriyaki, and Gourmet Chicken Dijon
Weight Watching is easy with crockpot recipes for Lasagna, Chicken Stroganoff, Beef Stew, and Tortilla Soup!