Patiala Shahi Gosht
Patiala's Non-veg food is quite famous across dhaba chains in India. You’ll find patiala’s non-veg dishes in almost every north indian dhaba’s and restaurant chains. Patiala shahi gosht is famous non-veg dish from patiala(punjab). “Shahi Gosht” here means royal mutton, in punjab mutton has another word which is “gosht”. And that’s why this royal(shahi) recipe is called as “patiala shahi gosht”.
Patiala is also famous for it’s alcohol serving ever since it was ruled by maharaja bhupinder sigh who was a heavy drinker. Two double heavy pegs are called as “patiala peg” and this term is quite famous in India.
There are lots of local songs which refers to this term and when it comes to taking large pegs people often refer to this term. “Patiala peg and shahi gosht” is quite a famous combination which many people visiting patiala prefers. So let’s get started with patiala shahi gosht.
|Serving size: 6-9 People|
|Calories from Fat||360|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 40 g||62%|
|Cholesterol 140 mg||47%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 2 lb Lamb pieces
- 1/2 cup Yogurt/Butter
- 1-2 chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 cup ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp cumin seed powder
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 black cardamom
- 5 cloves
- 3 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 sliced tomatoes(small slices)
- 1 cup water
- Salt as per taste
- Clean the lamb pieces and cut them into small size. Now chop onion and tomato if you’ve not chopped them yet. Take a frying pan and add yogurt(or butter), chopped onion, salt, lamb pieces into it. Let it fry for 10 minutes over low heat and stir it once.
- Add red chili powder, cumin seed powder, cardamom, cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon into the pan and stir it again for 1 minute. Take 1 cup of water and add it into the mixture.
- Now cover the pan and let it simmer for a while, do stir after every 1 minute to check if the gravy is thick or not. After gravy becoming thick you can remove the lamb pieces and keep them aside for a while. Now add turmeric powder and coriander powder to the gravy and stir it well.
- After minute or so you can add sliced tomatoes with 1 cup of water in the gravy and let it cook on medium heat. When you add water to the gravy just stir it once.
- Add ginger piece,cumin powder and the lamb pieces into the gravy and simmer for 5 minutes. Now take out the gravy and mutton pieces on flat dish and garnish it with coriander leaves. You can serve 3-4 people with this recipe. It can be served with steamed rice or roti.
More by this Author
Trance being the most ambiguous genre of dance music covers a lots of emotions in it’s sub-genres. Almost every sub-genre of trance has sad tunes in it. When i started producing trance during my college days the...
How to Connect Vodafone 3G USB on Ubuntu Linux. Connect K3570-Z stick to the internet using Sakis3g and usb-modeswitch library.
There are lots of hazardous fishes in the sea. If you managed to get hit by any of them then chances are there that you’ll get serious injuries or temporary damage to your body because of toxic or bite. If you get...