Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake, Rich and Delicious
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
This is a Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake; rich and delicious.
I found the recipe in a magazine while I was in the waiting room at the hospital. Our daughter was having surgery and I was looking through a magazine and I can't remember which one I got this recipe from. I think it was Good House Keeping.
It's a great recipe and not to hard to make, but it does take time. I made it for our daughter for her birthday.
Even though I have the cook and prep time at 1 hour and 55 min, which is what the recipe has on it, it takes more time. You have to leave it in the oven for two hours after it has cooked the 55 minutes and leave it in the refrigerator for 6 hours. Make sure you have the time to make it. Also, be sure to have eggs, cream cheese and sour cream at room temperature.
This is not a diet cake.
6 Tbsp. butter, melted, plus more for pan.
11/2 c. graham cracker crumbs sandwich-cookie crumbs
1/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
3 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, at room temperature
1 c. sugar
1 c. sour cream
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. hot fudge ice cream topping
Peanut butter cups, cut into halves, for garnish
- Prepare crust: Preheat oven to 350° F. Brush a 9-in. springform pan with melted butter. In a large bowl, mix all crumbs, sugar, and 6 Tbsp. butter. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of the pan. Bake 10 min. or until the crust has set. Cool completely on wire rack. In a small bowl, microwave peanut butter on high 30 seconds or until melted. Brush onto bottom crust.
- Prepare cheesecake. In a large bowl, with mixer one med. Speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth about 3 min., scraping the bowl with a spatula as needed. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Beat in eggs until just combined. Remove 1 cup batter; set aside. Pour remaining batter into prepared crust.
- In a small bowl, microwave 1/4 cup hot fudge topping High 30 seconds or until pourable; fold into reserved 1 cup batter. Carefully pour chocolate filling over batter in pan; swirl with knife.
- Cover bottom of springform pan with foil halfway up to make sure water from water bath ( Bain-marie) won’t seep into the pan. Place springform pan, inside roasting pan, on a rack in oven; carefully fill roasting pan with boiling water to come halfway up the side of springform pan. Bake until set around edges but slightly wobbly in center, about 55 minutes. Turn oven off. Remove pan from water bath. Return cake to oven and let cool inside, with the door propped open slightly, 2 hours. Transfer pan to wire rack.
- In a small bowl, microwave remaining 3/4 cup hot fudge topping on High 30 seconds or until pourable. Spread over top of cake with spatula; let cool. Garnish with peanut butter cups. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours. or until well-chilled, up to 3 days. To serve, remove side of pan.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||297|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 33 g||51%|
|Carbohydrates 39 g||13%|
|Protein 9 g||18%|
|Cholesterol 105 mg||35%|
|Sodium 300 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Copyright © moonlake 2015
More by this Author
This article is a how to make a delicious raspberry bundt cake called Luscious Raspberry Bundt Cake and the frosting with 4 other jello cakes to make.
How to make a Swedish Flop Cake.
This article is about how to repurpose old armoires and tv cabinets, turn them into something beautiful.