Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies: A selection of the best recipes
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies: Which Peanut Butter?
So you are looking for the best recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies well I have listed 3 of the best recipes that I have found to date. They all make delicious peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, which taste heavenly.
There is a big question though, which peanut butter do I use. Firstly I'll focus on Crunchy vs smooth peanut butter in your cookies, they can be used interchangeably so go with your preference
- Crunchy peanut butter - This adds a level of crunch to the cookies obviously, they seem to have a more nutty flavour and have a bit more substance.
- Smooth peanut butter - This gives a creamy and silky texture to your cookies and the taste is more peanut buttery. (This is my personal favourite)
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter
The next debate is over which brand is best. In the UK there is no doubt use Sunpat. In the US it is much tougher, I personally would avoid the healthy and grind your own varieties, I personally think the best one out of all if JIF it's dark rich and creamy and makes great cookies, a lot of people use skippy's although for me it is a little too salty. Another one I have tried was a dark chocolate peanut butter which was INCREDIBLE (note the capitals), you couldn't really taste the dark chocolate, but it made them so rich and beautiful. So after this I guess we should look at some recipes:
Peanut Butter and chocolate chip cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe 1
This recipe produces cookies which are crisp round the edge and gooey in the middle. recipe is from the southern food guide.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven to 375F
- Cream the peanut butter, butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix all these dry ingredients to the butter mix.
- Add chocolate chips
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Place an ice cream scoop of cookie dough onto the tray and push into shape with your fingers. (leave room for them to spread)
- Place trays in fridge for 25 minutes
- Put in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
Peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie recipe 2: Flourless
This is such an easy recipe you can make them with the children and they make consistently good cookies. They are quite a cake like cookie but that isn't a bad thing in my humble opinion. The original recipe is from allrecipe.com but has been amended to make it better
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line baking trays with greaseproof paper
- Cream the peanut butter and sugar together
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, be sure to get air into the mixture here.
- Add the baking soda, salt and vanilla and fold this in.
- roll into 1inch balls and place on baking tray 2inches apart
- using a fork push a criss-cross into the top
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Place on wire rack to cool
These can also be made for a celiac if you make homemade peanut butter the old fashioned way.
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe 2
Hope I have given you some ideas about Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and that you are going to give them a try. They are a great snack and taste amazing especially with a cup of coffee or tea.
Which is Best?
Which is best type of peanut butter in your Peanut Butter Cookies?See results without voting
More by this Author
Famous black women entrepreneurs looks at the latest statistics surrounding black-owned businesses and there are some very surprising findings. It then goes on to show you why the chosen women are so famous and how...
What are the major tuning points in history which changed business? This article focuses on the global economic impact of the slave trade and how it was a turning point in the history of business.
Why shouldn't pregnant Woman Eat Papaya, the latex concentrations in unripe papaya make it unsafe to eat during pregnancy, find out why.