Penne Pasta and Spinach Vegetable Soup
Here is a quick recipe for a vegetable and pasta soup with spinach, tomatoes, celery and carrots. While Penne pasta is called for, substitute macaroni or another favorite pasta if desired.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 2/3 cup yellow onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, canned
- 1 quart chicken broth, defatted
- 5 ounces Penne pasta, uncooked
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot that has a lid.
- Add in the celery, carrots, onions. Cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add in the garlic and stir until fragrant, about a minute. Stir in the tomatoes and chicken broth. Add in the pasta, spinach, basil and ground ginger. Bring to a soft boil.
- Reduce heat and cover with the lid. Simmer until the pasta is done, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with rolls, if desired.
More by this Author
For those just beginning to write or are in need of guidance in how to create a good paragraph, the Jane Schaffer method of writing simplifies paragraphs. This method is based on the premise that certain elements are...
Biscuits are supposed to be light, fluffy, moist and at times either rich, savory or sweet. If biscuits are tough and heavy, then a few things could be the problem. Here are some reasons why biscuits may be tough or...
A matignon is a little-referred to term for an important part of cooking. It is a combination of vegetables and other flavorful ingredients (bacon and ham are two popular additions), and can be used as an ingredient or...