Pepper Steak with Mushrooms
Not everyone in my family likes tomatoes so over the years, my pepper steak recipe has evolved to include mushrooms instead. It's a savory family favorite. I precut my ingredients and store them in the refrigerator so when it's time to make dinner, it's fast, easy and delicious.
|Serving size: 329 g|
|Calories from Fat||153|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 17 g||26%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Unsaturated fat 11 g|
|Carbohydrates 11 g||4%|
|Sugar 5 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 49 g||98%|
|Cholesterol 129 mg||43%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 pounds round steak, sliced into strips
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. beef bullion
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- Heat oil in skillet and saute onions and garlic for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Brown meat.
- Add peppers, ginger, and mushrooms to meat and reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, and seasonings except for soy sauce.
- Mix bullion and water and add to the skillet.
- Blend cornstarch with soy sauce and add a little water if too thick. Add to liquid in the skillet and stir until sauce thickens.
- Smothered Steak in Gravy
Steak smothered in gravy and fresh vegetables is an attractive savory dish that can be tweaked to fit your family's preferences.
- Cantonese Pork
A recipe for Cantonese Pork that mushroom lovers will enjoy. It's a perfect blend of flavors to pleasure the palate.
- Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
This easy shrimp stir fry recipe can be served over rice or pasta.
More by this Author
Most people know basics of the history of Thanksgiving, but you may be surprised to learn that not everyone agrees when the first Thanksgiving was celebrated or even where it was celebrated.
Baby cockatiels grow from an inch-long hatchling to adult size in just six weeks. It takes 8-10 days for their eyes to open, but the color of their eyes...even closed eyes offer a clue as to the baby's future color.
Bird owners have mixed feelings about wing clipping. Is it mean to clip your bird's wings? After all they are born to fly. To answer that question, let's take a closer look at how to clip wings and the reasons it is...