How To Make Easy Pumpkin Soup
Easy Pumpkin Soup
If you would like to know how to make this Classic Pumpkin Soup Recipe ,it is easy, and delicious. Extra pumpkin puree can be frozen and used later for bread , easy pumpkin muffins,cakes. Natural and nutritious pumpkin puree ,is perfect for baby's meals too.
Save the Pumpkin Seeds, for Fanastic health benefits,( at the end of this Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe)
Ingredients for Easy Pumpkin Soup
- I onion roughly chopped ( I did eighths) halves ,quarters then eighths
- 750 g pumpkin fresh orcanned Pumpkin ( half of a large one or one small pumpkin)
- large potato ( or kumara) sweet potato
- salt ( 1 tsp)- I also added half a tsp of curry powder too, and sometimes experimented with one or two other spices)
- Add just enough water toalmostcovering the pumpkin( or combo of vegetables). Bring to the boil, then simmer(approx 15-20mins),less if using canned pumpkin( follow times on can)
- Nutmeg to sprinkle once served but I always forgot.
- Coconut milk generic variety worked just as well as any others, and takes the soup from plain to gourmet easy peasy.
How To Make The Best Pumpkin Soup and Easy Pumpkin Muffins
Method Peel and chop pumpkin (or canned) and potatoes into same size pieces ,smaller the pieces will reduce cooking time ,include onions ,spices ,salt etc. Boil time approx 20mins , just check for tenderness as you would boiling potatoes.
Drainand SAVE juice (stock). Set aside Mash using hand masher , food processor , or hand held mixer until pulpy and well mashed . You may need to do this in batches depending on chosen method.
In a separate sized pot add 100 grams of butter on medium heat to melt , as it melts quickly throw in 3 tablespoons of flour , as this turns into a paste add one cup of milk to make a sauce ( roux).
(If you want to make this into Thai Pumpkin Soup ,add Spicy Thai Curry paste now) Recipe below.
Watch the heat you may need to adjust down. The pumpkin stock that you had set aside now add to the white sauce ,blend in. Add pumpkin puree and coconut milk ( one can) Blend well. All thats required now is to heat through , eat and enjoy!
Just a wee tip here ,if you feel you have too much pumpkin puree , take some aside and freeze ( any plastic container ,if no freezer bags) Do this before adding the coconut milk or the sauce as anything with milk in it does not freeze well ( separates an goes funny).
Delicious Easy Pumpkin Muffins
Easy Thai Pumpkin Soup
How To Make Easy Pumpkin Soup
How To Make Easy Pumpkin Dippers
Grilled bacon and cheese sandwich
French bread toasted with garlic butter
Hot crusty fresh bread dripping with butter.
And click below for even more delicious sides
How To Make Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Recipes With Pictures - Joyofbaking.com
A tempting array of pumpkin desserts; pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin breads, pumpkin scones, pumpkin muffins, and even pumpkin whoopie pies.
- Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread - All Recipes
Spiced with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves, this bread improves with age, so plan to make it a day ahead if possible.
Pumpkin Patch Design Dinnerware
Pumpkin Seeds For Health Benefits!
So Halloween time ,or anytime,save those precious pumpkin seeds! Delicious dried ,or roasted and added to a variety of dishes ,or simply nibbled as a snack. Roasted pumpkin seeds were a simple yet healthy snack for the sons, when they went hiking ,on field trips ,or during one of their many sporting activities.
So do save ,use and eat pumpkin seeds ,they really are good for you and of course easily available. Below is a health benefits list where studies and trials have proven eating pumpkin seeds ,effectiveness to improve health.
- Prostrate Protection
- Improved Bladder Function
- Depression Treatment Support (containing L-Tryptophan)
- Prevention or slowing down of Osteoporosis ( Pumpkin Seeds are high in Zinc)
- Prevention Of Kidney Stones ,In an otherwise healthy diet, pumpkin seeds will prevent calcium oxalate kidney stone formation.
- Magnesium ) /1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds (salads, snacks,,contain 90% of our daily doseof Magnesium, a mineral many of us are deficient in.
- Lower CholesterolPumpkin seeds contain phytosterols, shown to reduce levels of LDL cholesterol.
More by this Author
Easy ,amazingly satisfying a recipe you will want to save and make several times! I will show you how to complete this satisfying meal,easy step by step instructions for this delicious easy one pot meal!