Peruvian Causa de Atun ( Potato Tuna Loaf) Recipe
- 2.5 pounds Potatoes, Boiled & Mashed
- 2 cans Tuna, Drained
- 1 Red Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Mayonaise
- Lemon Juice
- Aji Paste
- Advocado, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- Boil unpeeled potatoes until soft. Drain. Let cool enough to touch. Then peel and place in a bowl.
- Add Salt , Pepper, Aji Paste and lemon juice to potatoes. (To taste)
- Add 1/4 Cup of Oil
- Mash above Ingredients with potatoes. Set aside.
- Place drained Tuna in another bowl
- Add 1 cup Mayonaise, 1 chopped red onion and a splash of Lemon or Lime Juice to the tuna and stir.
- Grab a flat cookie sheet & Plastic wrap. Spread plastic wrap on top of cookie sheet. Flatten Mashed potatoes out in a rectangular shape on top of plastic covered cookie sheet.
- Spread Tuna Mixture over the top of the potatoes.
- Place sliced Advocados on top of tuna mixture. ( You may also add additional toppings : tomatoes, boiled eggs, olives
- Now the tricky part: Using the edge of the plastic wrap, gently roll the mixture over until you've reached the other end and have a "loaf" shape, using the plastic wrap to help you lift and roll.
- Chill in the plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
- You may top the slices with sliced , hard boiled eggs, olives and parsley or any other toppings of your choosing.
Spreading the mashed potatoes and tuna mixture
Adding the toppings
Rolling the loaf
- MORE PERUVIAN RECIPES- Papa(Potato)
This is part 2 of an article on Peruvian Recipes. My husband is from Lima, Peru and Papas a la Huancaina ( Peruvian Potato Salad) & Papa Rellena( stuffed potato) are two of the delicious dishes that he cooks for me as well as teaches me to make.
- RECIPES FROM PERU-PERUVIAN DESSERTS
There are two easy desserts that my husband will make from time to time and they are
- PERUVIAN RECIPES
I am a lucky woman! My husband is from Peru and he likes to cook and every so often he treats me to some authentic Peruvian cooking. My favorites are: Ceviche- a cold seafood dish. It can be made with fish, shrimp, squid and mussels Lomo...
More by this Author
My story started after the c-section birth of my fifth child. My scar burst open and started oozing all types of nasty pus and infection. I immediately called my doctor and was told to clean it everyday with peroxide...
There are two easy desserts that my husband will make from time to time and they are "Arroz con Leche"( Rice with Milk) and Leche Asada ( Baked Milk or custard). Both are very good and sweet and pretty...
Tubal Ligation , research and ask questions.