Pinto Beans & Ham Recipe |Secret ingredient revealed | Cooking with Slow Cooker - Crock-pot
Secret Pinto Bean RecipeClick thumbnail to view full-size
Rate this Pinto Bean & Ham Recipe
Preparing the Pinto Beans
Pinto Beans & Ham Crock-Pot Ingredients
- 8 cups Water
- 2 cups Dry Pinto Beans
- 1/4 cup Dry Lentil Beans
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Burger Spice
- 2 Tbs Carne Guisada
- 1/2 tsp Peppercorn & Garlic
- 1 Ham Bone
Here is my secret ingredient for pinto beans
Crock-Pot - Preparation of Pinto Beans
- Day 1 - Wash Pinto and Lentil Beans - Place beans in a bowl, add water and soak overnight. Make sure the beans are completely submerged.
- Day 2 - Rinse and drain beans and add to slow cooker (crock-pot) add 8 cups of water. Do not add spices at this time.
- Set slow cooker (crock-pot) on high. Cover and cook beans for 5 hours or until beans are soft.
- Once the beans are done (beans are soft). Add the following ingredients: Salt, pepper, burger spice, carne guisada, peppercorn & garlic spice.
- Add the Ham Bone. I usually save the ham bone from our thanksgiving dinner to use in my pinto bean recipe.
- Cover the slow cooker (crock-pot) and cook the beans and ham bone for another 30 minutes to an hour on medium setting. Or until the meat from the ham bone falls off the bone. This allows all the ingredients to blend.
- Remove ham bone and discard.
- Serve -- Serve over rice, or with corn bread as a side dish.
Pinto Bean Breakfast TacoClick thumbnail to view full-size
Crock-Pot Pinto Beans & Ham-secret ingredient carne guisada
This is one of my favorite recipes and the secret ingredient is the Carne Guisada. I usually ad a little more carne guisada to my pinto beans, you can experiment and add as little or more to your tastes.
Every time we serve ham as a main dish. We slice off the left overs and use the ham for ham sandwiches, soup or salads.
But what do you do with the ham bone?
I freeze the ham bone to use for soups or for my pinto beans. --Don’t feed your dog cooked bones--The cooking process makes bones more brittle, increasing the likelihood they might splinter and cause internal injury to your dog.
Serving suggestions for Crock Pot Pinto Beans
Here are some of my favorite serving suggestions: Pinto Beans & Ham
- Serve as a side dish with cornbread
- Serve pinto beans over rice
- Add some pinto beans to a breakfast taco
- Create a pinto bean tortilla soup
- Create a pinto bean Taco Salad –lettuce, tortilla chips, pinto beans, top with sour cream and shredded cheese
I hope you enjoy my pinto bean recipe and I would love to hear your comments or suggestions.
More by this Author
- 0Beef Chili & Rice - Cooking with the Electric Pressure Cooker & Electric Rice Cooker - Meals in less than 30 minutes
Making Beef Chili & Rice with an Electric Pressure Cooker seals in the flavor and vitamins - Cooking Chili & Rice in half the time - Kitchen gadgets like the electric pressure cooker is a must have.
Prepare a nutritious Potato Soup in less than 3o minutes with a Power Pressure Cooker. Just chop potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, place in cooker for 15 minutes. Great recipe for German Potato Soup
- 3Things to do at Lake Belton Temple TX Marinas |Boating | Camping | Fishing | Hiking Trails | RV | BLORA | TX Lakes
Lake Belton TX - Public boat ramp and campground information. Great place for the family to enjoy boating, fishing, camping, swimming, horseback riding & more. TX Lakes at it's best.
Comments are Welcome
No comments yet.