Pirates of the Caribbean Cake and Cupcake Toppers and a Recipe to Bake a Sponge Cake
Ahoy there! All those little pirates will adore the ready-prepared cake and cupcake toppers specially designed for Pirates of the Caribbean fans.
For busy moms and dads, cupcake toppers and cake toppers can quickly cut down on the workload when preparing the perfect party for your kids.
All you will need is your basic cake or cupcakes, which you can easily prepare with some sponge mix and cream, and finish them off with these wonderful cupcake toppers that will really set the party scene.
Afterwards, there is minimal cleaning up to do, as your cakes will be so yummy everyone will eat the lot, and the pirate toppings can be kept as souvenirs.
You can choose from Pirates of the Caribbean or just even a general pirate themed design, as both will go down exceptionally well at your child's party.
How to Bake that Perfect Cake
You will need:
- 2 cups of butter or margarine
- 2 cups of caster or super-fine sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- a little milk
- Preheat the oven to 350oF
- Grease an 8" square cake tin, or 2 x 7" round tins.
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon. Beat well until it is pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs gradually, then beat in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour (don't beat it) with a metal spoon. This is the secret to a good sponge. Gently fold and re-fold until you have reached a soft dropping consistency. Add a little milk to attain this if the mixture is too thick.
- Bake in center of oven for around 20 minutes. If you insert a metal kitchen skewer into the centre, it should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside to 'rest' for 5 minutes. The sponge should then easily come away from the sides of the baking tray. Remove and set onto wire trays to cool.
- When cool, cover the top of one of the circular cakes with a layer or jam, then a layer of whipped cream. Place the other cake on top to make a sandwich.
- Ice and decorate as required.
- If making the square cake, you can gently slice the cake in the middle to make two cakes, then fill the top of one with your child's choice of filling, and replace the top half before icing.
Pirates of the Caribbean Captain Jack Cake Decorating Kit
There is actually very little in this kit. It consists of:
- a plastic Jack figure
- skull ring
- 4 rail segments
- a plastic backdrop scene
The blue icing you will need to prepare yourself, but that is very easy. You just add water to your icing sugar and a few drops of food coloring.
There are no kegs and ropes as shown in the photograph, but on the other hand, this very cheap kit can be added to with toys you can buy separately.
As the Amazon title of this item suggests, this Pirates of the Caribbean cake topper kit consists of 16 tiny plastic figurines to help you create that perfect pirate themed cake.
- Jack Sparrow
- Captain Barbossa
- Will Turner
- Davy Jones
- The Dog
- Skeleton Pirate
- Pirate Compass
- 6 Pirate Gold Coins
- Decorative Pirate Treasure Chest
- Decorative Pirate Head
Pirates of the Caribbean cupcake toppers
The Pirates of the Caribbean cupcake toppers are made from plastic, and are therefore not suitable for very small children for whom they could become a choking hazard.
Still, you can make a whole load of cupcakes from the sponge cake recipe mixture above and with some icing and food coloring, these cupcake toppers will really set the scene and make for a great party!
They are sold in packs of 12 or 24 (check the offer) and both eligible for Super Saver Delivery, which means they are shipped for free if your total order is over $25, no matter what you buy in the Amazon store.
Alternatively, have a look at the edible Pirates of the Caribbean cupcake toppers available on ebay.
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Black Pearl on Sale
The LEGO LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Black Pearl ship is a super present this Christmas for kids aged 8 - 14 years old. Guaranteed hours of fun putting together this beauty from its 804 pieces.
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates Cake and Cupcake Toppers
Your child will just love to have Jake and the Never Land Pirates Cake and Cupcake Toppers to appear at their party this year.
More by this Author
This is a delicious liver and bacon casserole that is simple to make and that all the family will love. It is also a great way to get the kids to eat liver. It doesn't matter if you use lamb, pig or beef liver. I...
You may have heard of Millionaire's Shortbread. It is a 3 layer tray-bake cookie that is divided up into squares once it is ready. The recipe requires shortbread on the bottom, toffee in the middle and chocolate over...
We use our hands all the time, and yet hardly given them a second thought, except to make sure they are clean. Our hands can tell us so much about our health, if only we knew what to look for. From the shape, texture...