Fresh and Tasty Veggies Lead to Great Meals
1 package eggroll wrappers
1 lg can sliced olives
1 pkg vegan pepperoni, coarsely chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 package sliced mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 tbs Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
1 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese
1 lg bag of mixed greens salad
Fat Free Italian dressing
- Reserve a tablespoon each of the olives, green bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and a half cup of cheese. Place into a container and store in the fridge for the time being.
- Chop and saute the onion and green pepper in a pan until tender, add the fresh and dried seasonings, olives, and mushrooms. Set on medium-low and stir periodically.
- Meanwhile, prepare your eggroll wrappers according to package directions and place about a tablespoon each of cheese and pepperoni in the middle of each wrapper.
- Spoon two tablespoons of the sauteed vegetables into each wrapper and seal immediately.
- Rinse and dry your pan really quick and spray with vegetable oil and set to high heat. Place one eggroll at a time (seal first) onto the pan. Spray tops of eggrolls with cooking spray and turn over after about 5 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Combine reserved ingredients with the mixed greens and top with dressing and cheese, serve as side salad.
- Serving Size - 2 eggrolls and one side salad.
- For those who can have it, a marinara dipping sauce adds a bit more tastiness to this dish.
More by this Author
This baked gooey rice casserole is easy to make, comforting, and delicious. The whole family will love it!
Meatless dumplings for those who love Chinese takeout pot stickers but want to avoid eating meat. Confession: I love steamed dumplings more than pretty much any other kind of food!
Warm and delicious, this creamy soup is perfect for cool weather and holiday cravings!
No comments yet.