Platanos Rellenos Con Queso: How to Make Quick Mexican Cheese Stuffed Plantains Recipe
How Much Time Will You Need?
Fresh cheese is very popular in Mexican Latin cuisine, and almost anything can be stuffed with it. Today, you are going to learn how to make Platanos Rellenos Con Queso (Cheese Stuffed Plantains). This dish is traditionally served as an appetizer in Mexico, but it can be served alongside the main course beautifully as well.
Fun Fact About Plantains
The plantain is not grown from a seed, they are a seedless fruit. Instead, they are grown from cuttings that are then planted.
- 2-3 Large Plantains
- 1 Package of Queso Fresco, Medium Sized
- 1 Package of Bread Crumbs, 16 ounces;unseasoned;light
- 3 Large Eggs
- Oil, Enough to cover bottom of pan
- Prepare your plantains for the recipe by peeling and slicing them into thin squares about a half an inch thick, 1.5 inches wide, and 3 inches long. Then slice the cheese into slices the same size. Once you have done this, set them aside.
- Now, prepare the coating. Crack and place the 3 eggs on one plate, and a heaping pile of bread crumbs on another. Scramble the eggs with a fork. Add a third plate lined with paper towels for the cheese plantains once they are finished.
- Next, place enough oil in the pan to cover the bottom and the top of the plantains (about an inch). Allow it to heat up over medium heat.
- Lastly, begin making plantain/cheese "Sandwiches" by placing a slice of cheese between two slices of plantain. After building your sandwich, place it in the egg yolk mix, and cover it with bread crumbs. Then place the covered plantain in the hot oil, and allow it to cook for approximately 30 seconds on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before enjoying!
More by this Author
Maggie Sottero wedding dresses are on the top of the bridal industry list for being the most desired and well-known gowns all throughout the globe.The price range includes a lower budget of about $400 and goes up to...
- 6Cancelled TV Shows : The Top 5 Cancelled Cartoon Shows of The Late 90's and The 1 That Lost Nickelodeon $350 Million
These top 5 cartoon shows were cut from TV despite being favored by many adults and kids alike. Nickelodeon even invested $350 million on one of these only to have it cut. Find out why..
Looking for fun kids recipes for Easter? Try these easy-to-make Peep Bunny Racecars! With a few simple ingredients, very little prep time, and a whole lot of fun, you can make these yummy cakes too!