How To Make Popcorn Glass Candy And Rainbow Candy Recipe|Broken Glass Candy.
How To Make Popcorn Glass.
This is an easy recipe for popcorn candy, the popcorn is my idea. I like how it looks so cute on cakes or cupcakes. Really decorates them up. It looks like snow on the sugar candy.
I also included a recipe for Rainbow Candy an old recipe I use to make from one of my old cookbooks.
I made my popcorn candy a little thick, but they can be thinner if you use a heat resistance spatula to move the sugar around the pan. Friends and family will think you're a gourmet, baker.
Cupcakes are very popular and always decorated so pretty on the top this is an idea you can use for the top of the cupcake.
It can be made plain without the popcorn added. The glass candy can also be crushed and sprinkled on top of cupcakes or cakes. By doing this, you will have pretty little sparkly flecks of gold dust. You do this by putting in ziploc bags. I do it in a clean all cotton dishcloth using either a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
This can also be called broken glass candy.
You can use any popcorn you want for popcorn glass. First make your popcorn and let it cool, put it in a food processor and chop it as small as you want it. I put a cup in, but you won't need that much. Set aside. If you want it to stick out and show up more than don't chop it up as much. Popcorn glass with added orange coloring will look great on cupcakes for Halloween.
Cream Of Tartar
Items you will need.
The items you need after you make your popcorn. Popcorn needs to be ready ahead of time.
Popcorn Glass Recipe
! cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1/8 tsp. cream of Tartar
- Place items in pan on a hot burner. Cut your heat down to medium and let the mixture start to cook. Do not stir just leave it cooking. You can wet the edge of a knife with water and run it around the edge of the pan to get the sugar crystals off, but that is all. You will know when it's ready, it will turn a very pretty golden color in about 15 minutes.
- Pour it into a measure cup and then pour it on your cookie sheet and if you want you can place a silicon baking mat on the cookie sheet that has sides, you don't want it to run off the cookie sheet.The mat will help it come off much easier if you have a mat.
- Thin it by running your spatula over it. Sprinkle popcorn over it. Let cool; use both hands on the edge of the cookie sheet and twist pop the cookie sheet. The glass will pop off the cookie sheet then I broke mine up with the end of my knife sometimes it will broke on its own.
You can also just put it in a bowl and have it for a party. It is candy and can be eaten that way.
This is really a pretty addition to any cupcake or cake. I put mine on top of a cheesecake I made for my daughter.
The recipe below is rainbow candy. It has also been called rock candy. I use to make this at Christmas and added it in with the platter of cookies I had made.
Silicon mats work great for making candy but at the time I made this candy I didn't have one.
The cheesecake below is a cheesecake I made for our daughter for one of her birthdays. She loves cheesecake so that is what I usually make for her.
Rainbow Candies (Broken Glass)
Here's another recipe I made years ago
1 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp light corn syrup
1/2 cup water
Assorted food colorings
Oil of cloves
Oil of anise
Oil of Sassafras
Oil of wintergreen
Oil of peppermint
- Boil sugar, syrup and water to 300 degrees; divide mixture into five portions, Add 1/2 teaspoon yellow coloring and 1/2 teaspoon oil of cloves to one portion. Using same measurements, add one combination to each of three portions; Pink or red coloring and anise, green coloring and sassafras and blue coloring and wintergreen. To the last portion, add only peppermint flavoring; do not use any coloring.
- Pour immediately onto buttered cookie sheet; mark into squares. Usually, some will break, but these add variety. Place into jars or boxes.
- Do not try to mail these they will melt I found out the hard way!
You can use any coloring you want and you can use any flavoring. I remember I used strawberry for the red.
Please rate the recipes on this hub.
Copyright © 2015 moonlake.hubpage.com
Popcorn Glass Candy And Rainbow Candy Recipes
More by this Author
How to make a Swedish Flop Cake.
Holiday Candies Easy to Make.
Things I hated about selling a house. We have sold two houses. This about all the stress we went through trying to sell them.