Poppy Seeds Milk or Khus-Khus Milk
Poppy Seeds Milk or Khus-Khus Milk is a tasty health drink recommended herb for sleep disorders. The milk can help treat insomnia and sleeplessness. Poppy Seeds Milk can be of help in relieving mouth ulcer, inflammation and joint pains.
Things You Will Need
Poppy Seeds or Khus-Khus - 1 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Grated Dry Coconut or Copra - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
1) Soak the Poppy Seeds or Khus-Khus in water for 4-5 hours.
2) In a mixer grinder, grind the soaked, wet Poppy seeds with Grated Dry Coconut/Copra to prepare smooth paste. Add water while grinding as required.
3) Mix Milk with 1 cup of water and boil. Add Sugar to the Milk and heat for 5 min.
4) Add ground paste from Step 2 to the boiling Milk along with Cardamom Powder and mix well. Boil the Milk again for 5 more min or until the Milk turns thick.
5) Remove from the flame and allow the Poppy Seeds Milk to become cool.
The Poppy Seeds Milk or Khus-Khus Milk is now ready to serve. It tastes great when cooled in a refrigerator before serving.
No comments yet.