Pork Chops and Apple Cinnamon
- Start by making your rice or any other side you'd like. Mom's Tip: Add about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to rice and it will never overcook. Perfect every time without the lemon flavor.
- As your rice is cooking, cut up 2 apples, set aside. I use Red Delicious because they're bigger and juicer. You don't want to use green. The sweeter the better.
- In a frying pan, add a dab of olive oil, place pork chops and set to medium heat on stove. Add seasoning if you'd like.
- Allow the pork chops to brown on one side, flip over and add the apples. Then sprinkle cinnamon over the top. How much you use depends on your sweet tooth.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, pouring it over the top, keep on medium heat for about 20 minutes uncovered.
- By now your rice should be done. Add a little olive oil to the rice and serve with pork chops, garnish with parsley and you're done. Total time shouldn't be more than 30 minutes, including prep.
- 2 Red Delicious Apples, Sliced
- 4 Pork Chops
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon, Sprinkled over pork chops
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- White Rice
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice, For perfect rice every time
- 1 Parsley, Garnish
More by this Author
Konjac Root, a surprising zero carb, high fiber, no starch root that when used in powder form, can be an excellent alternative to flour and corn starch. Is it something you can use in your diet? Find out here.
What is Yerba Mate? This traditional South American drink has been known for years for its health benefits. Find out what it is, where it's from, how to prepare it and where you can get it.
True story of a little girl who saw ghosts that asked for her help. Soon her family was drawn in and what they all witnessed was not only scary, it was wonderful. A testament to the after-life and the unexplained.