Pork Pie Recipe
I had bought this large pork shoulder roast as it was on sale and I cannot walk away from a good sale especially when it comes to meat. After having it for dinner on Sunday there was quite a bit left and I started thinking what can I make with the rest of this meat and what do I have in the house that would go with it. I share with you my recipe for "Porkers Pie". It is made quite similar to "Shepperd's Pie" hence the name Porker.
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 45 min
- Ready in: 1 hour 5 min
- Yields: 4 - 6 servings
- 3 pounds of potatoes, mashed with milk and butter
- 3-4 cups of cooked roast pork, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 Package of pork gravy, enough to yield 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn
- To taste pepper
- To tase paprika
Instructions - Let's Get Cooking
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Lightly grease a 12" x 9" pan.
- Saute onions and set aside.
- Make gravy and just before it starts to thicken add your cubed pork to the pot, mix well then add the onions to the mix and set aside.
- Press half of the mashed potatoes into the bottom of the dish or pan.
- Add the pork, gravy and onion mixture.
- Top with frozen corn then add the remainder of the mashed potatoes to the top. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
- Cook for approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Serve on its own or add a salad and another vegetable. Bon Appétit!
This is the first time I made this and it is my own recipe. When I make it again I will probably substitute the corn with peas. Bacon may be good across the top of the pie but I would partially cook the bacon to get the bulk of grease out of it first.
Is This a Recipe You'd Like?
More by this Author
Recipe for pork chops baked in the oven with cream of mushroom soup and potatoes. Very easy recipe to follow.
A step by step recipe with pictures for making a one pot meal that includes; cabbage, carrots, potatoes and onions.
Find out how to correct biting, chewing jumping, rough play, begging, barking and digging when your dog has behavioral problems.