Easy Delicious Pork Stew Recipe
There’s nothing like a nice homemade stew on a cold fall or winters day, served piping hot with either fresh homemade bread or rolls. The thing I like most about making a stew is that it can be made early in the day, or you can make the stew up on a weekend, refrigerate, and serve during the week.
For the following recipe I used 2 pork tenderloins, sliced in half, and cut into bite sized pieces before cooking. This recipe served 4 people.
What I like to do before making any dish
Make sure that you have all of the ingredients that you need so that you're not running to the store at the last minute. Set everything out on the counter and prepare and cut vegetables so that they are ready when needed.
- 2 Pork tenderloins (I used a little over 2 pounds in total)
- 1 large cooking onion chopped
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 6 medium potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 box of Campbell’s sodium reduced Chicken Broth
- 4 TBS flour
- ½ TBS dried thyme
- ¼ Tsp dried rosemary
- 1 pinch of garlic sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Let's Start Cooking
- Cut the pork tenderloin into bite sized pieces.
- In a bowl combine flour, thyme, rosemary and fresh ground pepper and mix.
- Dredge the pork pieces in the flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of either vegetable or canola oil in a Dutch oven or large pot.
- Add the pork and cook for about five minutes stirring.
- If you find that the pork is sticking add a bit of the chicken broth.
- Add one cup of chicken broth, chopped onion, sliced garlic, and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the chicken broth, carrots, and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for twenty five minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
Once the stew is cooked you may want to add some frozen or canned vegetables such as peas or green beans, before serving.
To thicken the stew I mix in a cup 2 Tbs. of cornstarch with cold water, bring the stew to a boil and add mixture, stirring until thickened.
Serve with salt and pepper to taste, bread of choice and a salad.
If this recipe sounds good please rate it.
More by this Author
Recipe for pork chops baked in the oven with cream of mushroom soup and potatoes. Very easy recipe to follow.
An easy to follow traditional stuffing recipe with step by step instructions and photos.
Create beautiful fruit and vegetable trays, fruit baskets and more with three easy to use tools. Transform vegetables into artistic masterpieces that will impress family and guests.