Pretty Good Cole Slaw Dressing
Sweet and Creamy
Cole slaw is a nice addition to all sorts of meals. It goes great with fish, chicken, barbecue and all sorts of great Southern and Southwestern dishes. This is a really quick Cole Slaw dressing that reminds me of Kraft Cole Slaw dressing. It tastes sweet instead of like some heavy smoker poured half a pound of pepper in it so he could actually taste something with those dead taste buds. It has a delicate, sweet flavor I really like and takes less than two minutes to make if you have the ingredients. It's a combination of A Southern Recipe and one Martha Stewart published. Mostly I took out the mustard and pepper. Like I said, it's got a more delicate flavor that we really like at our house.
Stirred up in a bowl.
- 1 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Celery Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Season salt or Creole Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Salt To Taste
- Milk - Enough to give it a creamy consistency
Just whisk it up
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Whisk with a wire whiisk till well blended
- If you aren't using it immediately, store the dressing in the refrigerator. When you're ready to use it, simply mix it up in a bag of cole slaw mix or a bowl of shredded cabbage and carrots. I like to add purple cabbage for color. You can add whatever you like in the way of slaw ingredients. The dressing gives it a sweet and creamy taste we really like. Enjoy!
More by this Author
Looking to cut the red meat out of your diet. Going vege? Here's an old Chinese substitute for meat you can make at home economically.
You can substitute oatmeal for meat in your meals, lower your grocery costs and fight cholesterol at the same time with a delicious main dish made from humble oatmeal. Who'd have guessed?
Actually I’m from North Central Texas, but I lived more than a decade in East Texas which is like a separate country within Texas. They say that the Ft. Worth is where the West begins. Well I grew up on the line....