Pros and Cons of Reusable Bags
Reusable Wine Bags-Good Choice?
The past several years there has been an environmental revolution occurring. People and businesses alike are taking stock in how their choices effect the environment. It is also important to note that customers are evaluating the eco-friendly aspects of the companies they use. With this in mind, let us take a look at reusable wine bags, and whether or not they are a good choice for each individual consumer, wineries, liquor stores, and other retail stores.
Pros of Reusable Wine Bags
Reusable wine bags offer benefits to both the consumer and business. We will take a look at the pros for all concerned.
For the Consumer
- Lessens Carbon Footprint: The words "carbon footprint" have become the norm over the past few years. The simple fact is; using less plastic and plastic coated cardboard will reduce waste and lessen the carbon footprint. It is estimated that 4 to 5 trillion plastic bags are used worldwide each and every year. Each person who makes the decision to use less plastic ultimately reduces the waste that continues to build up in landfills.
- Multiple Uses: Reusable wine bags can be used not only for wine and alcohol, but for home uses as well. They can be used to organize cleaning and craft supplies, keep socks organized, hold small toys, and also neatly hold the plastic bags already in the home. .
- Comfort: Whether an individual is carrying one plastic bag, or several, plastic bags tend to bunch up, and often leave a temporarily painful ring around the arm or wrist. Reusable bags, on the other hand, are designed to be more comfortable to carry.
- Safety: Having wine bottles slipped into paper bags and then put into plastic can be hazardous. Chances are, they will be put into a vehicle, which means they may fall over and roll around. Many people have experienced having to clean up the mess of broken wine bottles from their car. Another factor is that plastic bags often break easily. Your purchase can end up shattered on the ground before you even get it to the car.
- Cost: Grocers, wineries, and liquor stores purchase plastic bags. They then pass that cost onto the consumer. It may seem minimal, but with almost 5 trillion plastic bags being used around the world each year, the cost adds up. That means you pay more.
For the Business
- Respect: Whether businesses realize it or not; customers ARE paying attention. They not only want to be more aware of the environment themselves, but they want the businesses they frequent to do the same. Businesses who use reusable wine bags often become role models for other such companies in the area, and also earn the respect of the consumer.
- Profit: Customers are very happy to pay a small amount in order to use reusable wine bags. While the profit from the bags may be small, there is also the free advertising to consider. Overall, reusable bags mean increased profit. Many businesses offer incentives as well, such as a discount if a 6 bottle reusable wine bag is filled.
- Less cost: By trading plastic bags for reusable, the overall expenses of the winery or store will obviously go down. Saving money in a positive manner is always a good practice.
- Responsibility: Businesses large and small have a responsibility to reduce waste and try to become environmentally friendly. These are the times in which we live, and those businesses who do not take responsibility on their own may soon face Government intervention.
What are your thoughts on reusable wine bags?
Would you buy more often from a business that offered reusable wine bags?See results without voting
Reusable Wine Bags-The Cons
These are the times in which we live. Being wasteful and neglecting/abusing the environment must become a thing of the past. Reusable wine bags are a sensible, creative, and simple way for businesses and consumers to reduce the waste that is piling up in landfills around the world. There simply are no drawbacks to the use of reusable bags. None, nada, zilch.
It cannot be overly stated that there is far too much pollution in the world right now. Plastic bags and cardboard boxes that have been coated in wax or plastic never break down and become biodegradable. That is a fact that will not change.
Plastic bags are outdated, uncomfortable, costly, and environmentally damaging. Reusable wine bags are practical, comfortable, eco-friendly, and easy to use for other purposes. In short, they are THE answer. There are no cons to using reusable wine bags. Period.
Other countries are beginning to regulate the use of plastic bags used by a variety of businesses. It is only a matter of time, due to consumer and environmental pressure, that businesses will be forced to come up with an alternative, such as reusable wine bags. In fact, reusable bags of all kinds.
By making the switch now, companies can save time, money, and a huge headache when such a regulation does occur. Businesses owe it to their customers and the earth to become not only more environmentally friendly, but customer friendly.