Prosciutto Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 - 30 jumbo mushrooms
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 lb. sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 tbsp. prepared pesto *
- salt & pepper to taste
* In place of prepared pesto, you can subsitute 1 tbsp. fresh basil + 1 tbsp. olive oil
Instead of prosciutto and parmesan, try...
- Sausage and mozzarella
- Blue cheese
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Crab and dill
- Mozzarella and fresh tomato
- Ricotta cheese
- Walnuts and raisins
- Feta cheese and oregano
- Duck confit
- Smoked salmon and capers
- Ground beef and balsamic
- Garlic and olives
- Ground lamb and pistachio
- Caramelized shallots
- Mac & cheese (sounds strange, but delicious!)
- Roasted red peppers and cilantro
- Chicken salad
- Brie cheese and orange zest
- Get creative!
Step 1) Clean your shrooms... Using your thumb and forefinger, gently remove the stem from the mushroom and set aside (refer to the above instructional video). Discard the stems or if desired, freeze for soup. Run the destemmed mushroom caps under cold running water and gently remove any dirt or debree with your finger and remove to a dry clean towel. Pat each mushroom dry with paper towels.
Step 2) Make your stuffing... In a food processor, puree together the bread crumbs, prosciutto, parmesan cheese, roasted garlic, prepared pesto or basil and a salt & pepper until fully mixed. You may have to scrape down the sides of the processor a few times to fully blend.
Step 3) Stuff and bake... Using your fingers, loosely stuff each mushroom caps with approximately 1 tbsp. of the bread crumb mixture. Try to avoid pressing the stuffing in too hard because it will result in a dense doughy consistency. Keep it loose. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with a cooking spray (Pam works great). Place the mushrooms cap side down on the baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. For a crusty top, place under the broiler for the last 2 minutes or pass over them with a brulee torch. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Be sure to visit some of my other great recipe hubs!
- How to make Perfect Hollandaise - Great on Eggs Benedict, Asparagus and Poached Salmon, this recipe includes helpful videos and tips to assure you success!
- How to make Perfect Demi-Glace - This is a great hub if you've ever wanted to make Demi-Glace at home. This easy to follow recipe is based on the classic Escoffier recipe taught to students throughout the world at Cordon Bleu certified schools.
- How to make Perfect Pesto - Who doesn't love Pesto? Here's a recipe you can make at home in your blender or food processor in a matter of minutes! This hub also talks about the benefits of using a Mortar & Pestle, and provides handy links to shop for the right one.
- Steamed Mussels in Garlic Saffron Broth - Truly, one of my favorite recipes. Mussels were one of the first things I ever learned how to cook, and this recipe was perfected over decades of experimenting with freshly caught Pacific Black Mussels.
- How to make Perfect Meatballs - Try this authentic Sicilian recipe the next time you're in the mood for meatballs! This hub also includes some great tips for avoiding dried-out meatballs, and links to some great Italian cookbooks. Salud!
- Cream of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup - One of my signature soups. This recipe can be served hot or cold, and is sure to be the best squash soup you'll ever taste!
- Creamy Champagne Viniagrette - This easy to make viniagrette goes great as a dressing or a marinade, and is needed to make the Perfect Portobello Mushroom Appetizer. I gaurantee you'll love this one!
- Chef Delaney's Perfect BBQ Spice Rub - Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but here's my secret spice rub recipe. Alright, I guess you can tell your friends and family... but that's it! This rub goes great on anything you want to throw on the grill and is easy to make. Try this on ribs with my famous Smoked Peach and Chipotle BBQ Sauce and be prepared to be impressed!
- Smoked Peach and Chipotle BBQ Sauce - Another Chef Delaney signature recipe, this sauce combines sweet, spicy and smoky flavors in perfect harmony to create a grilling sauce with just the right amount of stickiness, and a one of a kind flavor that will boost you from Backyard Chef to Grill-Master in no time!
Visit Chef Delaney's Online Kitchen Supply Store for the best deals on the best products!
More by this Author
Let's admit it. Work can be rather... boring? It sure can! We've all suffered the doldrums of cubicle hell, but I present to you here a sure-fire list of things you can do to "liven up" your place of...