Pudding Shots - This is NOT Your Grandma's Pudding
I am a big fan of pudding.
I love the variety of recipes I can make with it;
I love how it is pretty low in calories;
I love how it helps me calm my sweet tooth;
Yet - with this quick and easy Pudding Shot recipe, you can now take your pudding to the adult level!
So, I bet by now you want to know, "How do I make pudding shots?"
Make Friends - Serve Pudding Shots
What's in a Pudding Shot?
- 1 small box Pudding
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup cream liqour
- 8 oz. cool whip
You will also need...
- .A medium to large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- A whisk
- Multi-purpose mini cups with lids (can be found at Wal-Mart) or disposable shot glasses
Step number 1 through 3
Step 6 through step 7
- Get out your medium sized mixing bowl. Pour in the pudding mix. For the one I am doing in the pictures, I used Chocolate pudding.
- Add 3/4 cup of milk and whisk together until it is at a soft stage (where the pudding is starting to set). This will take 1 to 2 minutes of whisking.
- Once the pudding and the milk have been mixed together, add the alcohol and the cream liquor. For my pudding shots, I used UV Cake Vodka and O'Dowd's Irish Cream. When mixed together, I call this my Chocolate Cake Pudding Shots. Whisk all ingredients together.
- Once the alcohol has been mixed in, fold in the cool whip. This is easiest done with a rubber spatula, but that isn't necessary. Just be sure to mix well so all parts are equal. If you don't mix well there will be some shots that are really strong and others that taste like nothing more than cool whip. However, don't overmix otherwise the cool whip starts to break down.
- Optional - Put the bowl in the fridge. This will make the substance easier to work with otherwise it gets watery if it is hot in the house or been mixed too much.
- Add spoonfuls to the multi-purpose mini cups with lids. I found these at Wal-mart and prefer to use them because they have the covers. This means I don't have to worry about them spilling. However, I have seen others use small Dixie Cups or disposable shot glasses. The ones with the lids transfer better.
- Once put in the containers, I usually freeze the batch. This keeps them nice and cold. They can be taken out of the freezer and enjoyed immediately or you can keep them out on the counter for a little bit for guests to enjoy.
- Lick out of container and enjoy!
Go Ahead and enjoy a Shot!
Chocolate Cake and Cheesecake
What's your flavor?
Which one would be your choice?See results without voting
Pudding Shot Recipes
With these Pudding Shots, the flavor combinations are endless. You just need to use your imagination and hope you have a well stocked liquor cabinet. Then, it just depends on what kind of pudding you have on hand. They key is: 1 clear liquor and 1 cream liquor!
So, pick out a flavor of pudding and pick out the alcohol... here are a few of the ones that I have tried.
Chocolate Cake Pudding Shots:
- Chocolate Pudding
- UV Cake Vodka
- Irish Cream liquor
Cherry Cheesecake Pudding Shots:
- Cheesecake pudding
- Irish Cream Liquor
Butterscotch Pudding Shots:
- Butterscotch Pudding
- Captain Morgan Rum
- Irish Cream Liquor
Now what combination would you like to try?
Looking for something delicious that will put your sweet tooth in check, don't miss this recipe for a Chocolate Martini. When it comes to sophistication, this is the drink of choice!
If you feel the start of a cold, Hot Buttered Rum might just help cure your ails. This is guaranteed to help you sleep like a baby.
No alcohol needed for this recipe, but it is mighty tasty with a punch of all those vitamins you might be missing. So, if you want a healthy shake, don't forget about the Shrek Smoothie. So good, even your kid's will request it!
Get your pudding on....
Looking for a yummy pudding dish, don't forget to try Pistachio Eclair Dessert. A yummy concoction that will have you coming back for more.
Interested in a twist with your pudding, don't miss Peanut Butter Banana Pudding. If you are a fan of Reese's Peanut Butter cups, you will want this on your next week's menu!
Need a delicious desert in a hurry, Mock Strawberry Banana Cream Pie might be the perfect fit. With only a few ingredients, you have a delicious summer treat!
Short on funds but still craving dessert, don't miss the opportunity to make this wonderful Pudding Pie!
More by this Author
Gunther Toody's lit up for all to see. This is the store located on Palmer Park in Colorado Springs. Barbergirl28 Anybody who lives or has visited Colorado Springs, Co, knows there isn’t a shortage to the dining...
Every year, it was a tradition for the women adults in our family to fill their glasses with this wonderful alcoholic slush. This recipe is easy to make and provides a great drink for any large gathering of people.
This recipe, Cheesy Potatoes is a definate crowd pleaser. If you are having company coming over, don't hesitate to put this on the menu. Your guests will be full of compliments.