Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is a Cheesecake recipe that combines the smooth sweetness of cream cheese with the unique flavor of pumpkin. This one is from “The Cupboard Drawer” and has it’s genesis in the great depression as the richness allowed for more servings than a pound cake and a pie combined. It serves as a very cost effective way to enjoy the holidays. Do Enjoy…
1 pkg (16 oz) Golden Pound Cake Mix
3 eggs Divided (2 and 1)
2 tbsp Butter, melted
4 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
1 pkg (8 oz) Cream Cheese Softened
1 can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 can (16 oz) Pumpkin (about 2 Cups)
1.2 tsp salt
1 Cup Chopped Nuts (South of the Mason Dixon Line use Pecans/Pralines North Use Walnuts)
Pre Heat Oven to 350 Degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer on low speed and combine cake mix, 1 egg, butter, and 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, mix until crumbly, Press into bottom of 15 X 10 in Jelly Roll Pan: Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy, gradually beat in condensed milk, 2 eggs, Pumpkin, and remaining pumpkin pie spice and salt. Mix well, Pour over crust and smooth out with a spatula, Sprinkle w nuts
- Bake in 350 oven for 30-35 mins or until set
- Remove from oven and cool to room temp then Chill for at least 1 hr or until firm; cut into bars and store in refrig.
Yield 48 Bars - Serving Suggestion Drizzle with Chocolate, or Butterscotch, or Maple Syrup,
See more from The Cupboard Drawer
- The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, was first published in September 1988 by my Father Mel Ellis, from recipes that literally were in the cupboard drawer that had been collected over the years by my Mom,...
More by this Author
Here are a few of the $100K jobs available.. Jobs are in US Government locations overseas., Potential 100K+ during periods of deployment,
Easy diet dinner basics that can be used for 36 different meals off just these ingredients. A great set of night time diet recipes for less than 500 calories per meal. Pretty simple weight loss idea, as for the food Do...
An adult only version of Twas the Night before Christmas, retitled "Twas the Night Before X-mas" Great adult party poem keeping in the seasons lighter side...Twas the night before x-mas; And all through the...