Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe - Great for the Holidays
A Seasonal Twist
Cheesecake is a favored, traditional dessert choice for many - I know it's always been my favorite treat! This recipe is a wonderful alternative to a classic dessert. The flavors or pumpkin and spices really add a delightful, seasonal touch!
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 pie crusts, pre-made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the pumpkin.
- Mix in the heavy cream, maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice, and vanilla.
- Beat the eggs, one at a time, mixing until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared crust, and bake for 90 minutes (or until center is set).
- Allow to cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then refrigerate overnight.
- My favorite crust to use is a graham cracker crust.
- Each time I've made this dessert, I've had left over batter. I would suggest buying a second pie crust - 2 cheesecakes are better than 1!
- Make sure the cream cheese really is softened. I skipped this step the first time making this and burned out my electric mixer :(
More by this Author
Ideas to use your class pet in your lesson plans
Looking for a delicious pastry to bake? Look no further than my family's homemade kieflies!
Here are several reasons why guinea pigs make awesome class pets and are very low maintenance!
No comments yet.