Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe - Great for the Holidays
A Seasonal Twist
Cheesecake is a favored, traditional dessert choice for many - I know it's always been my favorite treat! This recipe is a wonderful alternative to a classic dessert. The flavors or pumpkin and spices really add a delightful, seasonal touch!
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 pie crusts, pre-made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the pumpkin.
- Mix in the heavy cream, maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice, and vanilla.
- Beat the eggs, one at a time, mixing until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared crust, and bake for 90 minutes (or until center is set).
- Allow to cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then refrigerate overnight.
- My favorite crust to use is a graham cracker crust.
- Each time I've made this dessert, I've had left over batter. I would suggest buying a second pie crust - 2 cheesecakes are better than 1!
- Make sure the cream cheese really is softened. I skipped this step the first time making this and burned out my electric mixer :(
More by this Author
Here are several reasons why guinea pigs make awesome class pets and are very low maintenance!
Looking for a delicious pastry to bake? Look no further than my family's homemade kieflies!
Ideas to use your class pet in your lesson plans
No comments yet.