Pumpkin Chiffon Cake - I'm a sucker for pumpkin - Recipe
When it comes to pumpkin.........
I'm a sucker for anything pumpkin tasting! Be it pumpkin pie, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin bread....if it is made with pumpkin I'm diving in and will bite you if you try and take it from me. So the holidays are the happiest time of year for me! The holidays are filled with endless amounts of pumpkin desserts.............................ahhhhhhhhhhhhh pumpkin!
So when fliping through my magazine, you could imagine my surprise when I came across a recipe for something new and it had pumpkin in it! I haven't made it yet (I only just found the recipe) but you can be sure that I'm going to be slaving away as soon as I can! Because I want to taste this new pumpkin recipe quick like! The picture alone as my mouth watering!
Recipes are not, usually, something I write about or publish. I'm not one to share recipes either. But this just look to good to pass up.......
What the recipe will need
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated, plus 5 egg whites, at room temp
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
How to put it all together
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, the pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, combine the egg yolks and pumpkin puree. Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, whip the remaining 9 egg whites at medium speed until foamy, about 2 minutes. With the machine on, gradually whisk the remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar; increase the speed to high and beat until stiff and moist, 1 to 2 minutes
- Add one-quarter of the egg white mixture to the pumpkin batter, folding with a rubber spatula just until no streaks remain. Fold in the remaining egg white mixture in the same manner. Pour the batter into a 10-inch tube pan with a removable bottom and bake until springy to the touch and cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Let cool in the cake pan for 5 minutes, then invert the pan onto a narrow-necked bottle and let hang upside down until completely cool, about 1 1/2 hours. Place the cake right side up and remove the pan. To serve, dust the cake with the confectioners' sugar
More by this Author
And get paid to have fun? Well you've stopped at the right hub to find out how you can become a Gold Canyon Fragrance consultant as soon as tonight! The Gold Canyon business opportunity is an opportunity so flexible...
The Chinese have given a beautiful and very convincing theory as to why the wedding ring should go on the fourth finger. As the story goes: Look at your left hand, the hand that your wedding ring goes on, and do you...
This is truly a very easy pizza bake to make. I hate to be in the kitchen for long amounts of time, so any recipe that I can find that requires little to no effort is a plus in my book!