Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
The following is a quick and simple recipe for making pumpkin muffins. It's great as a breakfast muffin in the morning, or drizzle with some black and orange icing and its a perfect treat for the kids Halloween party. The following recipe will make around 10-12 yummy muffins.
Ingredients for making perfect pumpkin muffins:
- 6 oz plain flour
- 6 oz brown sugar
- 4 oz pureed prunes
- 4 oz golden syrup
- 9 oz pureed pumpkin
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cinnammon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
You will also need:
2 large mixing bowls
muffin baking tray
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/390 degrees farenheit or 200 degrees centigrade.
- Grease the muffin tray to avoid the mixture sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the pureed pumpkin, prunes, syrup, sugar and egg whites. Stir until they are well mixed.
- In the other bowl, mix the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the bowl containing the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Mix together gently, do not beat. This will ensure that the mixture stays light and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the compartments in the muffin tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool in the tray.
- Turn out and enjoy!
Pumpkin muffins are delicious at any time, but especially nice on cold autumn mornings or evenings. For a different variation, you could try adding some chocolate chips or raisins to the mixture before cooking.
More by this Author
Simple tips to make your own soap using Melt and Pour Soap. This is a fun way to get creative - quick to make and no curing time required.
Creamola Foam was a powdered drink produced in Scotland in the 1970's. A nostalgic look at Scotland's favourite childhood drink which has made a comeback.
The question of whether or not to feed foxes has been a controversial subject for many years. If you do decide to feed them, this is a look at the food to give them and some useful tips on feeding.