Pumpkin Muffins with Pecans
I enjoy about anything made with pumpkin, and pecans are one of my favorite nuts, especially for baking. These quick and easy muffins are ready in just over thirty minutes, so they make a tasty, everyday breakfast treat. They can also be a delicious addition to a family brunch. The pecans are only on top, and can be easily omitted for those who have nut allergies without taking away too much from the taste of the muffin itself.
- 7 oz. pumpkin puree, (this is just under half of a regular-sized can of pumpkin)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 fl. oz.* extra light olive oil, (can substitute another type of vegetable oil if necessary)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 fl. oz.* milk
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Grease a twelve-cup muffin tin well and set aside.
- Whisk together pumpkin, white and brown sugars, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl until mixture is creamy. Add egg and beat in well. Whisk in milk. Set aside.
- In another, smaller bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture a few spoonfuls at a time, blending the the two together well before adding more flour mixture.
- Once the dry ingredients have all been added to the pumpkin mixture (be careful not to over-stir to keep the muffins from becoming tough), evenly distribute the batter between the cups in the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the pecan pieces liberally over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes; muffins are done when centers are set and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool partially in the pan before removing them from the pan. Finish cooling on a wire rack or enjoy them while they are still warm!
*Three fluid ounces is roughly 3/8 cup, though it is better to use a liquid measuring cup for fluid ingredients if you have one available.
More by this Author
Enjoy the taste of Swedish meatballs without having to roll out all of those little meatballs. A recipe that mimics the taste of the traditional dish while taking away some of the effort to make it.
These thick and hearty pancakes laced with spiced apple chunks make a perfect weekend or holiday breakfast.
Budgies (parakeets) make wonderful pets for first-time and experienced bird keepers alike. Tips for acquiring and caring for a pet parakeet.
No comments yet.