Pumpkin - Cider Bread Recipe | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is another sweet bread recipe from “The Cupboard Drawer”; this Pumpkin-Cider bread is another Thanksgiving Day favorite and a unique blend of fall flavors. It does take a bit time to put together so use the coming weekends before the big day to get some of your baking done. It keeps well, wrapped and in the fridge, and the recipe yields two loaves so make two, store one, and treat yourself while its just warm enough to melt the butter you’re sure to spread. As Always, DO Enjoy...
1 ¼ Cup Pecan Halves (divided 1 C – ¼ C)
3 ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
1 ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Golden Raisins
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 1/3 tsp Ground All Spice
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Ground Ginger
4 Large Eggs
1 Cup Butter (melted)
1 Cup solidly packed Plain Pumpkin (look for cans at the grocers, you can sub Pumpkin Pie filling but then halve the all spice and ginger, or run Fresh Pumpkin through the blender till it’s a paste consistency)
¼ Cup unsweetened Apple Cider, (or juice)
Orange Marmalade (optional)
Lemon Honey Butter (optional)
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- Prepare two greased 9 X 5 X 3 inch Loaf Pans, Set Aside.
- Chop 1 Cup of the Pecan Halves
- In a Large Mixing Bowl combine the Flour, Sugar, Raisins, Chopped Pecans, Baking Powder, Allspice, Salt, Baking Soda, and Ginger; Mix Well.
- In a Medium Bowl, using a whisk or fork, thoroughly beat the Eggs, melted Butter, Pumpkin, and Apple Cider; stir into the flour mixture until just blended.
- Turn the pumpkin mix into the flour mix until just blended, Turn the batter into the loaf pans.
- Bake in the 350 Deg oven for 50 – 55 minutes or it passes the clean toothpick test. Cool the pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, remove the loaves from the pans and continue to cool the loaves on the wire rack until room temp.
- Optional – Spoon a band of orange marmalade down the center of each loaf; garnish with the ¼ cup of pecan halves.
Yield 2 Loaves
Optional Lemon Honey Butter – In a small bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed beat ¼ Cup Butter (softened) ¼ Cup Honey, and 2 tsp finely grated lemon peel until blended and smooth. Makes ¾ Cup
More by this Author
An adult only version of Twas the Night before Christmas, retitled "Twas the Night Before X-mas" Great adult party poem keeping in the seasons lighter side...Twas the night before x-mas; And all through the...
Here are a few of the $100K jobs available.. Jobs are in US Government locations overseas., Potential 100K+ during periods of deployment,
Easy diet dinner basics that can be used for 36 different meals off just these ingredients. A great set of night time diet recipes for less than 500 calories per meal. Pretty simple weight loss idea, as for the food Do...